• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 fusible link issue

isaiahD30

Has anyone every had a fusible link issue , I went to town one morning which is about a 30 min drive my I had a faulty voltage regulator and it blew the battery closest to the fire wall , fixed all the problems then I go to start the truck over and I’m not getting any power to the cab , anyone have the same issue ? And if so how’d you solve it ??

87cr250r

Start at the battery and probe every wire until you find one that has no voltage at the other end. You may be able to feel where the wire fused as it will have a soft spot where the conductor burned our. You can cut that piece and use a butt splice to repair, you don't need to replace the entire link wire.

sneekyeye

When I shorted a fuible link, I found it by tugging on the wires at the main power point on the firewall near the glow plug relay. You can tell if one is bad, it will stretch apart the insulation instead of being tight, since the wire inside has broken.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks