• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 NV4500 Swap starter problems

RIDEBANSHEE

As stated im swapping a 93 NV4500 into my m1028. I didn't want the slave down low on the right side so I ordered a bellhousing from Advanced Adapters. I got it all in but am having problems. My starter will not go in at all. I used a 6.5 flywheel. I want to retain 24v so I'm just wondering if anybody has had this problem or does anyone know of a smaller 24v starter. Or a starter without a nose-cone.

Thank you

Hasdrubal

Apparently there are two types of starter drive end housings with different bendix openings; small mouthed and large mouthed. The automatic uses the small mouth. Manual transmission requires the large mouth housing. A starter without a nose cone is not logical! There would be nothing to keep it from falling apart. It cannot function without the DE bushing or have any way to bolt it onto the block. You just need the other type of drive end housing.

Last edited:

RIDEBANSHEE

I know they make them for small and big block Chevy without the nose cone so wasn't sure. Have any clue where I can buy just the different nose cone??