• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 Parking Brake Bracket Location

L B

I wanted to see if someone would be willing to post a picture of the parking brake adjustment bracket on the frame of their truck with a reference or measurement in the picture?

My M1028 has the bracket held on with a zip-tie, so the parking brake is worthless, and I would like to make sure I get it back in the right location. I don't see a mounting point on the frame, and haven't been able to find a reference picture on this site or in the TMs that specifically shows where it should be on the frame.

Thanks in advance,

-LB

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanted to see if someone would be willing to post a picture of the parking brake adjustment bracket on the frame of their truck with a reference or measurement in the picture?

My M1028 has the bracket held on with a zip-tie, so the parking brake is worthless, and I would like to make sure I get it back in the right location. I don't see a mounting point on the frame, and haven't been able to find a reference picture on this site or in the TMs that specifically shows where it should be on the frame.

Thanks in advance,

-LB
This is probably the best picture from the TM (TM9-2320-289-34P) It should be easy to line up with the center of the cross member over the axle.
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/upload/CUCV/tm9-2320-289-34p.pdf

Attachments

ehuppert

About 2" back from center frame support/ down bracket on lower frame rail there should be two frame rivets that went through the bracket. There's an empty third hole directly back from the two (not used). Can take a pic tomorrow afternoon if needed as bed nowhere close to going back on frame yet!

I;m assuming you mean frame, not adjustment bracket?

Last edited:

L B

porkysplace,

Thanks for the response. That's the picture I tried to use, but couldn't find where the bracket was originally based off of that picture.

-LB

L B

I;m assuming you mean frame, not adjustment bracket?
ehuppert,

Sorry, but I'm not really sure what you're asking there.

Thank you for the details though, I'll see if I can find those holes on the frame rail. I would greatly appreciate that picture if you have the time.

-LB

ehuppert

Adjustment is made on nut #13 in the picture. That bracket floats free, not attached to vehicle. Frame bracket that one cable clips to, one cable passes through is further back. Which are you looking for?

L B

Yeah, I got it figured out. Just got back in from adjusting it - couldn't do it yesterday because of weather. The bracket I was looking at was the one that should be floating free, and I didn't know it should be. Snipped the tie and it adjusted just fine. I thought it wasn't working because it was supposed to be mounted, but hey, the more you know.

Thank you for the help, ehuppert, I really appreciate it.

-LB

ehuppert

Always fun trying to unfudge what the last wrench turner did. Then begins the "what were they thinking??????..." Deal with this on a pretty regular basis in the shop!

L B

Always fun trying to unfudge what the last wrench turner did. Then begins the "what were they thinking??????..." Deal with this on a pretty regular basis in the shop!
Yeah, and this truck is full of them. Helicoil threads drilled crooked for the starter bolts, water elbow mount bolt stuck behind the thermostat(yep, inside the cooling system), improperly torqued front hub nuts(1/4" axial play on driver's side), just to start. Slowly working through it though

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks