• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 plug and air tank in bed.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this plug missing something? The switch in my hand leads back to an air tank in bed. But no compressor. Looks like it was filled through a Schrader on top. Anyone see this before? Thanks for any help.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the holder for the glow plug card. The air tank is something the prior owner added.
I got the truck direct from the USMC. They added the tank. The rectangle plug is for a glow plug controller? I've searched all tm's and can't find this plug on a wiring harness for dash.

Keith_J

Wiring diagrams are function specific, glow plug controller card is found in the -34 TM appendix E-7. Thanks for making provenance clear. How many crayons did you find under the seat? Ammonia works well to clean the spittle from the windows ;)

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the empty plug is for the glow plug controller board.
You have the spark plug relay in the firewall to the right of the one that the horn was connected to, it is identical
So they put a relay for the glow plug on firewall? I do have a switch on the dashboard that I thought was for manual glow plug operation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks