• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 roadtrip from TN to NE

idM1028

So after 4 years, I have left the service and am heading back home to Nebraska. Right now I'm in east Tennessee visiting an old friend. The plan is to get some basic stuff done on the truck tomorrow (drop off an spare alternator to have it rebuilt, change the oil, clean the air filter, etc) and take off early in the morning of the 30th to head back home. Right now its looking like the route's gonna be north to Kentucky until Lexington, then west to Louisville, passing through southern Indiana and Illinois, St Louis and then across Missouri until turning north around Kansas and heading north through Iowa and onto east Nebraska. The trucks been having a few electrical/alternator problems (I think I've got them solved. We'll find out for sure.) I would appreciate it if there's any members who could give me a hand if I run into any problems or break downs. PM me and I'll get back to you with a more specific route and my number.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be safe. I'm a little out of the way here to help. Don't know what gremlins you've had but a spare battery or twn never hurts. Cheapies if nothing else.

idM1028

I've got a pair of cheapie batteries and my buddy has a battery charger, so I'm probably gonna throw them gon and put a good charge on them before I head out. If nothing else I can use them to jump the truck if worse comes to worse. I used one of them today to jump off his little puddle-hopper Ford. Probably going to be a little bit further east than Grand Island (Omaha/Bellevue area), but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in Nebraska :cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks