• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 running problem

BOBCAT

Good call. I did try that and the line is clear but the still doesn't run for more than a couple of minutes in park, and putting it in "D" kills it. j

Thanks.

BOBCAT

Took the cover off the IP again. Bottom covered with crud, again. Cleaned it out and it fired right up. Drove it around and it quit. Cracked open the IP housing so it leaked a little and it fired right up and drove I drove it back to the garage where it quit just outside the door. The crud must be in the lines between the new filter and the IP. It should be almost gone.

Ford Mechanic

Hey guys were hitting a wall with parts. We need a shut off solinoid in the injection pump and the gasket to seal the top of the IP. I've exhausted the guys at NAPA and Dixie Auto with no results. Does anyone have a part number, or know of a supplier that would know what we're talking about?

Tinman84

For what it's worth...
Might want to be cautious and do some research on them before you decide to buy from Diesel Care. Saw some complaints and such on another forum, stating that they were not the most standup bunch and that they'd been turned into the BBB repeatedly. Not saying I have any experience with them, because I don't. Just gave me pause, and I'd definitely look into some details before deciding whether or not to try to do business with them. Maybe they're fine and the complaints are just a bunch of whiners. I don't know. I'd just be cautious and have my eyes open for anything that didn't "smell right."

cucvrus

WOW if you read it on the internet it must be true. I bought no less then 20 CUCV injection pumps from them and ran them with out fail. The only incident I had with one them was a fuel shut off solenoid that failed occasionally. I contacted them and the sent me a complete pump cover no charge. I also had them do several Ford 6.9 and 7.3 pumps no issues. I sent them a Komatsu pump that the Komatsu dealer would not rebuild and they repaired it for less then 1/4 the cost of a replacement pump. I would say the smoke blowers got the new pump cranked it and had issues and then returned it and then they complained when diesel Care did nothing about it and told them they are on their own. For the most part item you buy if you look at the feedback you will see whiners that whine about everything. I know guys that whine when they get ice cream that is to cold. Contact Billy Williams at Diesel Care he will get things handled. But you must remain civil. Too many people get all dramatic these days and then people just hang up and write you off. Good Luck with this old thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks