• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 Shocks

niferous

I"m saving up for a 1-1/2" or 2" lift kit for my M1009 but could use shocks now. If I buy some for my truck and tell them it's got the lift will they fit? Are they the stock sive shocks or just a little longer?

I plan on getting new rear springs and fronts so I probably won't be going with one of those generic kits with blocks in the back.

Last edited:

AJMBLAZER

gaunt, go to NAPA and get their truck shocks. Good stuff. $30 each or so but worth it.

nif, no, the best thing to do would be shop around for some el cheapo shocks to get you by. Really you want to measure after the lift is done. A lot of the lift maker's shocks are off. Not uncommon to have them be shorter than the lift springs can flex.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks