• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1028 sm465 mechanical linkage swap help

Thompsona3

I was wondering if anyone knows how to hook up the mechanical linkage for the clutch pedal on an sm465. Should the truck already have wholes drilled or no because it would have been a hydrolic clutch (it is a 1987). How difficult is it to hook up the pedal assembly? I'm getting all the parts today and need the swap done by this weekend so I was wondering if someone can give me some helpful knowledge before I begin.

cucvrus

My recollection is that the frame has the holes in it for the bell crank bracket to bolt fast. I seen guys do this conversion and I have done it once for a customer under duress. I seem to remember it was riveted on the frame of the donor truck and we bolted it on the CUCV. Look at your frame do you see holes in the frame in that area? You had better be on the fly to do all this in one weekend. Goods Luck.

Thompsona3

thanks and not only do I have this but also I'm dropping in a 454 because my 6.2 is burning so much oil. So ya one might say I have a lot ahead of me haha.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will have to pop a hole on the floor for the rod but the dimples should be there. The holes in the frame are there but should have rivets in them for the CUCV only frame supports. Pedal swap is easiest with the steering column out but it can be done by unbolting it. Seat or steering wheel may need to come out.
Ambitious project for sure. As a young adult I did come home from work on a Friday eve, pull the 350 out of my car and put rings and bearings in it, reinstall and drove to work Monday.