• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 Spindle Nut Socket?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both nuts should be the same. Second photo shows the washer between the nuts. Check figure 96, TM 9-2320-289-20P. You need an OTC 7158. (I have a new one for $32 plus shipping). PM me if interested.

Last edited:

Corvette1974

Both nuts should be the same. Second photo shows the washer between the nuts. Check figure 96, TM 9-2320-289-20P. You need an OTC 7158. (I have a new one for $32 plus shipping). PM me if interested.

Oh crap I see the 4 prong inner one is the washer and the two parts labelled "11" are the same nut the adjusting and lock one. so I need the OTC socket. Hmm Alright I'll see when I'm gonna do this.

Right along the lines of the rest of the vehicle, I popped the hubs out and literally the wheel bearings are the smoothest ive ever felt with zero play. They have absolutely fresh grease in them. This truck was very well taken care of, and has only 36000 miles. So at this point im gonna hold off on the wheel bearings.

One last thing, doesn anyone know off hand what the exact part number for the hub seals that will need to be replaced is?

Thanks,
Will

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, this is the "exact" part number(GM # from the -20P TM)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks