• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 tranny problems

skateabrock

I have a th400 behind the 6.2 in my CUCV, the odometer reads 3x,xxx miles on it and the tranny seems to be acting up. reverse worked fine, then one random day it wouldnt work, neutral went out, cant push it forward or backwards. and when i put it in 1st, it will grab for a few seconds and then act like its slipping. the fluid doesnt smell burnt, and it looks like brand new atf. any ideas?

skateabrock

moved the jack stand, all four are bolted up. what are you referring too on the fender? the hole? if so, i am told that is were they hook up a hose that blows hot air on the motor, they dont like to start when its -40 up here.

OLDCHEV4X4

Hmmm...The pic i saw is of someone grinding the brake caliper. Now its gone.
Yea that hole in your fender. Its for blowing in hot air? Must be a Alaska thing.

albersondh

Not to oversimplify but... These sound like low fluid symptoms to me. Do you have any leaks, did you check the fluid properly? I havent split a CUCV x-fer in a looooong time but, its common for a HMMWV x-fer (any gen) to pop the internal x-fer cooler, and fill the x-fer with tranny fluid, leaving the x-msn low.

skateabrock

Not to oversimplify but... These sound like low fluid symptoms to me. Do you have any leaks, did you check the fluid properly? I havent split a CUCV x-fer in a looooong time but, its common for a HMMWV x-fer (any gen) to pop the internal x-fer cooler, and fill the x-fer with tranny fluid, leaving the x-msn low.
it was full when I checked, but i will double check! thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks