• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 with (6) Michelin 395/85R20

Makincold

So I had my (6) Michelin 395/85R20 tires mounted on FMTV rims that I'll be mounting on my M818 shipped to work
Drove the M1028 in today to pick them up
Drove in at 50MPH this morning about 75 Deg, not to bad
95.7 Deg on the thermometer right now :sad:
Should be an interesting ride home this afternoon, Friday traffic at 50 MPH, I'm sure there will a few un happy drivers behind me on the way home :smile:
Couple of pics...

Attachments

Barrman

I thought from the thread title that you had mounted the tires on the CUCV. It was one of those "I have got to see this" thoughts as the thread was loading up.

You are using the truck as it was intended. Enjoy.

Makincold

This was her first trip out (M1028 that is...) after the new steering stabilizer put a temporary fix to the death wobble
Got home last night to (1) of the (8) kingpin parts I ordered... (7) on BACK ORDER...
I know what I will NOT be doing this weekend...

Makincold

I thought from the thread title that you had mounted the tires on the CUCV. It was one of those "I have got to see this" thoughts as the thread was loading up.

You are using the truck as it was intended. Enjoy.

Now thats funny!
I didnt even think about that when I put the title in :lol:

Makincold

Same here, except I was trying to figure out how he mounted six of them...... :hammer:

Way to make that rig earn its keep! Takes a hefty load to make those M1028 springs squat like that.

Yea, it was quite a load, but no problems. The extra leaf on the rear was touching in the front, not in the back.
Drove 45MPH till I figured it was riding well then I WOUND HER UP to 50!

Alredneck

Banned
Can we get a mod in here for a couple day ban on the grounds of false advertisement!aua

I had the idea of puting 395s and deuce axles under my M1008 once I ever retrieve it from SD

Slowly catching up, very slowly!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks