• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 with a M101A2 bed with pic

army_nurse

Today after a long hot battle with a cucv bed swap i was in the middle of i gave up and just put the M101a2 bed on it. no trimming needed for the 12 bolt hmmwv tires and wheels needed now. i like it. gonna fab up some mounts and a drop down to hold the fuel full cap and call it good. gonna use a set of milspec lights i have off the sides on the rear. as well as get a little longer chains to make the tailgate sit level when its down. any other ideas or comments? and remember momma said if you cant say anything nice ........

Mark

Attachments

niferous

I'd love to get an M1028 or M1008 for cheap that had a messed up bed. I think I'd do a flat bed though. But that does look really good. Make sure you take some pics from behind.

1waterdog

Thanks for sharing I have was thinking of doing the same thing. Please keep us updated on how you like it and detailed pics when you are done.

army_nurse

i will be working on it some more tommarrow. i will take some more pics. i have to go make my used motor oil rounds too so i might not get much time with it. for what i do with the truck it will be perfect. i am also almost ready to put the hmmwv motor i got from Ft. Riley (GL) in as well. only have to take off the sending units and swap the headers for the cucv ones and swap the pullys as well then in it goes. i have the fuel filter mod done as well. this site has been great it makes some of this stuff like paint by the numbers. i have the canvas and bows and when i get it bolted on i will take some pics that way as well. i will be putting on the hmmwv wheels soon too. well see ya'll on the flip side.

Mark

army_nurse

here are some more pics got all my hmmwv wheels in and put the back ones on. no clearance issues i can see. you can see the bed mounts i made. they seem to work well. will have pics of the tail lights soon as well. installing the hmmwv motor on wednesday. ordering the spacers for the front axle too. wont be long and i will be putting the dual tanks in with one of them heated and then off to paint.

God bless America

Attachments

army_nurse

here is an update on my project.

here is what i have done so far
1. swapped old 6.2 for one in the can i got from Ft. Riley KS (runs GREAT!!!)
2. did the fuel filter mod
3. Starter relay mod (thanks doghead)
4. push button glow plugs
5. 2 inch spacers on the front axel
6. 1 inch zero rates on the front and moved it forward 1 inch
7. 37 inch hmmwv tires and wheels (thanks trail worthy fab)
8. m101 trailer bed replaced old very dented bed
9. military lights on rear of truck

b. what i still have left to do

cold air intake mod
rhino line the interior of the cab
tan paint and body work
new front seat!!!!

this truck is great!!!! i love driving it. i have been taking it to and from work 300 miles a week. a great big THANK YOU to all of you who have posted on here and i have been able to learn from your hard work. i swapped the engine in 2 days by my self and knew just what to do because of the posts i searched on here, THANKS again. here are some pics. will post more when is get it all done.

Attachments

allrevup

Thanks, army_nurse

That is such a cool truck! Back in March 2, 2010, I ask in a tread "Any one knows of a M35 bed on a CUCV" ( I didn't know the difference with a M101 bed) for oppinions and ideas about doing something like this, with the drop sides or a modified Flat Bed. My idea is on hold, but your project is great to look at. Thanks for the photos, keep then coming...

Last edited:

rnd-motorsports

Use my 1028 to haul wood that bed looks really nice and I have a lift from a dump I saved for someday and I think the someday may be here now just need a m101 add some side racks and got a great wood truck :driver: The wife says unloading wood is worse than loading anyways!!!!!