• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 with TRQ-32V?

Keith_J

This is the communication shelter version (M1028A2 or A3) with the 205 transfer case for PTO.

I ran across TB 5-2520-551-24 that details installation of this kit. Quite extensive, it has the PTO, tandem hydraulic pump and air conditioning compressor, all PTO driven. Includes remote control of PTO, tachometer, transfer case and engine temperature control, tachometer pickup off magnets installed on harmonic damper, transfer case lockout cover, flywheel ring gear speed sensor and what looks like the same throttle actuator the M1031 SECM uses.

A real complex install I have not seen in the wild. Were these never offered for sale? Interesting.

For one, the communication generator is driven hydraulically which is very unique. Flow control valve would control frequency, pressure is torque.

Tachometer location is next to the stock CUCV voltmeter, same place I put mine 😉. Pure serendipity.

Hobbs meter is on governor panel. Better for service. The SECM Hobbs meter is 120 volt AC, routing that through the chassis is not a good thing.

Governed speed is the same, 1400 RPM. Why? Cannot say as engine efficiency is very low at those speeds at 0.54 pounds of diesel consumed each hour for every horsepower produced. Seeing how only 30 horsepower is needed, that is about 2 gallons per hour.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks