• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028A2 question

cameron8757

These are the plates inside the door jam. What does it mean the truck was built as a single wheel and converted to a dually later? I'm not familiar with the 1028 trucks.

Attachments

mudman

These are a 5/4th truck. That means it's a 1.25 ton truck. Was made to carry a Shelter in side the bed. The cool thing about these trucks is that they a locker in the rear diff and a limited slip in the front diff. Mine will go just about any where I point it.!! Good luck with your new unit!!

Keith_J

M1028s first had single rear wheels. Off-road stability was poor so for some, conversion to dual rear wheels after initial manufacture.

The A1 variant has a New Process 205 transfer case which provides for power take off. The A2 is the M1028 with dual rear wheels, the A3 is the A1 with dual rear wheels.

cameron8757

No it was bought private party here in Idaho had a bad motor and no bed but did have the dual wheels. It is my dads truck I helped him put a motor in it he bought from Boyce in Utah. He found a good civi bed and we are getting ready to paint the whole thing. It only has 50K miles and in pretty good shape.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OH, before putting the bed on, add a passenger side fuel tank.

If the civy bed doesn't have a door, you can put the fill neck out near the rear wheels.

That will give your dad 40 gallons, instead of the standard 20 you get with only one fuel tank.

We love pix