• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028A3 Blinker question

roveroverme

Banned
Someone here mentioned, that the Brake light overrides the Blinker. I was OK with that assumption, until I noticed the passenger side blinker blinks even with the brakes on :-0 , while the driver side blinker stops flashing ,when I press the brake pedal.
I tried to find that thread where it was mentioned , but couldn't.
Does anyone know what could make that happen?

cpf240

Um, ok... then how does the driver behind you know you intend to turn when you are at a stop light, with your foot on the brake pedal, if the brake pedal overrides the blinkers? That makes no sense.

I'm with dependable, there is probably a bad ground someplace. The light bulb sockets are known for having broken ground tabs. Easy to replace the sockets.

roveroverme

Banned
So I dissected the whole situation a little bit. It looks like there is some funky rewiring that's been done. A Yellow wire comes from the cab and ties into the brake light circuit (i think) When I clipped it there was no more breaklights) On the left side Both filaments light up when the Blinker is on. Even after disconnecting the Ground wire, the blinker would still blink (odd) and with the brakes pressed it stops flashing. But just on the left side :( I guess I gotta find out why the Yellow wire was put in and go from there.

K9Vic

Per Federal DOT regulations, you tail lights left or right signal (which ever is active) will flash when the brakes are applied. This is how it works on all vehicles and would be illegal if it did not continue to flash with the brakes applied. One tail light is on brake and other is flashing to indicate a change in direction.

The hazards will stop flashing to the front & rear with the brakes applied.

If this is not how it is working, it is defective.

roveroverme

Banned
Per Federal DOT regulations, you tail lights left or right signal (which ever is active) will flash when the brakes are applied. This is how it works on all vehicles and would be illegal if it did not continue to flash with the brakes applied. One tail light is on brake and other is flashing to indicate a change in direction.

The hazards will stop flashing to the front & rear with the brakes applied.

If this is not how it is working, it is defective.
It is most likely and prominently the case that something is defective. What could have been the reason for running a bypass wire all the way back there and tie it into the circuit?

Dipstick

Sounds like the original wire in the rear harness might have broken. Hence, the jumper was made. Make sure you have a dual filament bulb in that position. I think the bulb is a #1628. The last time I had a blinker problem I traced it to water being present inside the military connector on the top of the turn signal flasher. Hope this helps.

roveroverme

Banned
Sounds like the original wire in the rear harness might have broken. Hence, the jumper was made. Make sure you have a dual filament bulb in that position. I think the bulb is a #1628. The last time I had a blinker problem I traced it to water being present inside the military connector on the top of the turn signal flasher. Hope this helps.
Yes, they are dual filament bulbs. I gotta have a look at these funky wiring schematics. I'll check out that connector , too :) thanks for the hint.