• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1029??

truck0590

I'm going to look at truck for sale. Owner says it is a M1029 shelter carrier and is 1.5ton. I know the M1028 shelter carrier, but never heard of an M1029. Any one know of this? Either way, ideas on what to look out for?

Truck

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never heard of a M1029. There were several variants of the 1028, the A1, the A2, and the last A3 had dual rear wheels. Then the numbers jump up to M1031. The seller must be mistaken.

truck0590

Yep he was wrong. It was a 1008a1. I was hoping for the 205 and locker up front and maybe the ac compressor on the engine...oh well, I bought it anyway :driver:

Truck

truck0590

AJMBLAZER,
I assume you were correcting me on the 1028 60s having LS (I should have been more accurate). Not that the 1008a1 had a LS. Is this correct, because if the 1008a1 has it I will be stoked.

P.S. I would love to see pix of your rig with 11.00R16s. how do you like the way they ride on the street? Have you taken on the rock? (I've heard mixed reviews of them)

Truck

AJMBLAZER

Yeah, I was referring to the 1028. Got rushed and had to finish the post. What I get for posting at work.

If you do a search on here you'll find a bunch. My build/install thread was on here last fall. The www link below my sig is to my cardomain page and they're all there as well.
On road they are great. FAR better than the 36" HMMWV bias plies I had before. No vibes, tracking, shacking, death wobble, etc.
Offroad I have no experience with them as I finally managed to get them installed on my truck only a few weeks before I parked it for the winter. However a lot of the guys on CK5 speak highly of them. They aren't a hard core offroad tire but they work well enough for most folks, and with some grooving and siping, they do better. As soon as the honey do list shrinks a little I'm going to be out in the garage getting it back on the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks