• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M103 Gen Set Trailer Lunnett

Pinz25086

I just bought a M103 with 2 5kw gen sets on it. The lunnett is the goose neck (bent) style. Can it be flipped so that it drops down instead of going up? If so it would help to get the trailer level so it can be brought home.

Thanks for input,

Wayne

acetomatoco

The lunette eye can be flipped to accomodate 900 20s or 1100 20s. It requires a bit of work and loosening of the nut and driving the unit back the half inch or so to rotate it can require a BFH (big fat hammer) and a bar thru the eye. Look to see the flats on the end of the taper accomodating the rotation. I just sold the last of my brandy new lunettes on Ebay. HAPPY MOTORING.

papercu

trailer

As Ace said they can be trouble to flip but I've never had a problem towing them with the ring up. Full size pickup 1/2t with 15" wheels.
I would worry more about a blowout. Wayne

Pinz25086

RE: trailer

I have been told that the tires were good (no cracking) but I was worried about that also. It will be at least 3.5 hours towing it home. I will be towing it with a 3/4ton diesel Dodge. I used the same truck to tow my M101A2 and I did not even know that it was back there. I know that this trailer is quite a bit larger but do not expect any trouble. I just thought that it would be more level with the ring flipped but I guess it wont matter.

Wayne

papercu

tow

I once bought a M105 from Ft Steward that had brand new tires on it and had two flats before I got it home (60 miles). When they put the new tires on they didn't notice that there was a new inner tube (sealed in the bag) already stored in the tire and put a another new tube in on top of that one. If I had them I would carry two known good ones with me. It is sometime hard to find someone to repair them on the road. Wayne

acetomatoco

Couldn't be any worse than me towing a Water Buffalo on the big chassis with my 1994 LT1 Caprice Police on the Mass Turnpike from Westover AFB to Worcester and having a Trooper pull up beside me and look over, shake his head with a big grin and blast away laughing...and me with stained skivvies...made it OK...I had a class 4 hitch, rear air bags and a big Pintle hitch with a 6 inch elevation... but was still a nose down attitude.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks