• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1030 Assembly Line Rebuild

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I finally worked the purchase on 4 more M1030s (AKA - Kawasaki KLR250s) :-D Since good enough is never good enough for me. I have stripped them all down to the fames and sand blasted all the parts. I started painting today. I will have pictures this weekend of the future progress. I had some welding to do as I found some broken brackets. Why do ido this :roll:

Attachments

Last edited:

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Answer to above..... Simple one is keep asking who has them, who has one, who has a few, who has parts, who has anything related and then keep hounding after that, the info will follow. :)

More pictures of the build.

Attachments

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I am done I will have at least one if not two of the Green ones for sale. They will be clean all USGI runners ready to show or play. Probably in the $2500 range. will not really know till I am done.

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More progress

Well the project pushes on.:smile: Since i don't like taking things back apart I have been replacing all the bearings and seals in the whole swing arm assy. A little pricey:cry: but good insurance since I have no knowledge of how the bikes ran before. Also lots of little stuff (details:wink:) are getting done. These will actually be a little cleaner than the original build buy HDT in some ways. Waiting for some bearings and seals now otherwise I would be done with this one:cry:. I had to buy two new IMS fuel tanks (original equipment) those were$$$$$$. Still need to get 2 of the 4 complete USGI wirring harnesses put together and laid out, with all the right additions and such. Also need to source some of the misc other USGI tid bits I did not have.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks great!!! Thanks for posting the pics.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see some overspray on the tires! Is that because they will be replaced with new rubber, and the old ones don't matter?

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have all been sand blasted and tore down to be rebuilt. so there are no "cheep" bikes only ones you can hop on and drive. These are fairly detailed also so your not just buying a bike with some fresh paint over the dirt!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks