• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031, $7400.00!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow is right! I find that missing the front shackles is often a sign that the rest of the truck is picked over. I always thought that these contact trucks should be dual rear wheel variant.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I Want It!, No, I want it !! No, I want it more than you...........

I've pretty much given up trying to get one of these. They all go for big bucks. Can you say NP205 and Front Locker?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a much nicer M1031 that brought $4K a few months ago...and it was a complete M1031 with fresh paint. You gotta know when to say when at auctions. You can't get caught up in the "I gotta have that truck" attitude. I lose way more than I win. If a truck crosses my max limit, I let it go. My attitude...if I can't get the truck for a good deal, I don't want it...regardless of the truck.

EO2NMCB

No EUC was needed, therefore it was worth the extra money not having to deal with GL on the EUC.hehehe. Why is it that a EUC is need on a M1009 or M1008 but not on this M 1031???

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have friends that have purchased M1009s on GL that DID NOT need an EUC. The truck came from Aberdeen. I am not sure how things get classified as needing one or not.

ida34

One of my cucvs ran with a little work and needed no EUC. A couple of months later I got a junker with no axles and a bent frame and body panels. It required an EUC. Both were M1009. I have gotten another M1009 that ran with charged batteries and it needed an EUC. I think they decision on the demil code was made about three years ago. I would love to have one of those trucks. They make great work trucks. They have more use than the standard trucks so they are worth more. Just like the dump trucks compared to standard cargo bed trucks.

SmokeyDod

Hey , If someone really wants one, I have two, one that my son & I drive. He's got it setup with welder & it has orig air comp and of course the 15KVA generaton up to 220v single & 3-phase. 2 yrs ago we had ice storm & was w/o power for 5 days. I have this set up now that I can drive up to side of home & plug my house & truck together & it will run most everthing I hav. I have another same truck that I will sell. It has abt 40K on truck & 19 hrs on 15KVA gen. I would supply small 110v air comp with it. It need few things but truck in general is very good shape. Any takers?

jumpmasterjim

I thought that $7,400 was extremely steep. A few months ago I bought a contact truck for $730. I drove it back to NJ from north of Chicago. It was a navy converted job. I just won 2 1009s down in Quantico without EUCs. I paid a little more for them than I have paid in the past. I'm getting ready for my next road trip. Totally addicted!!!!!

SmokeyDod

I agree the $8500 after the 10% + taxes is pretty steep. If you got one for 700/$800 & it had at least a working generator and was able to drive it home, you got a life-time deal. Every base I buy a vehicle they will not let me drive it off, it has to be trailered. Did your truck have the air comp. & portable lights also?

Bozor1000

Re: RE: M1031, $7400.00!

CCATLETT1984 said:
you have to trailer, or tow the vehicle off base, but from then on you can do what you want.
They won't let you do anything on it inside the GL location? That's good to know. Well, I probably wouldn't tinker with it until I got home anyways. I hoping that I got a "Diamond in the Rough."

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: M1031, $7400.00!

Bozor1000 said:
CCATLETT1984 said:
you have to trailer, or tow the vehicle off base, but from then on you can do what you want.
They won't let you do anything on it inside the GL location? That's good to know. Well, I probably wouldn't tinker with it until I got home anyways. I hoping that I got a "Diamond in the Rough."
I have never encountered a location where you had to tow/trailer the vehicle off base.
Barstow, CA. Kirtland, NM Pineville, LA El Paso, TX

HillBilly

I just won a bid on an M1031 from GL's web site location Fort Polk, LA need some info on length, width, height dimensions incase i need it shipped! If you could help or send a link where i can find the info i would be extremely greatful!

BTW if the pic of the M1031 in the 1st post is from Chambersburg, Pa. I bid on it but droped out around 4k gonna use my M1031 to start my electrical biz. Figured if its good for Uncle Sam it will work 4 me.

If any one has any info on the best way to retrieve my lot and what i should do b4 trying to start it (provided it has a key) i would welcome your input, especially on the no key issue. Im hoping to make the 1200 mile journey back under its own power.

Thx in advance HB

Attachments

EO2NMCB

Hillbilly you can get a key cut at a locksmith, it is a "B" for the key blank and the code is 73Y2. I tried the local chevrolet dealer but with out the title they were of little help, as I'm waiting for my euc to clear on a m1009.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HillBilly said:
I just won a bid on an M1031 from GL's web site location Fort Polk, LA need some info on length, width, height dimensions incase i need it shipped! If you could help or send a link where i can find the info i would be extremely greatful!

BTW if the pic of the M1031 in the 1st post is from Chambersburg, Pa. I bid on it but droped out around 4k gonna use my M1031 to start my electrical biz. Figured if its good for Uncle Sam it will work 4 me.

If any one has any info on the best way to retrieve my lot and what i should do b4 trying to start it (provided it has a key) i would welcome your input, especially on the no key issue. Im hoping to make the 1200 mile journey back under its own power.

Thx in advance HB
good Luck. Seems it would be easier and a lot safer to just drive down and pull it back with a trailer. Did you physically check it out before bidding? A lot of them have bent driveshafts, bad batteries, missing parts, bad alternators, missing glow plug cards and wiring, mine had no fuel tank, etc. Have bought 6 CUCVs from GL and GSA, even the ones that ran I would never have considered driving back on the highway for mostly safety reasons and too many unknowns. Just my 2 cents.

HillBilly

EO2NMCB thx 4 the info on the key! That will save me from making things worse.

GM72K10 I had cosiderd trailering it back, Steel Soldier's lists the truck curb weight as 5200 and GL lists it as 9200 do u know which is correct? If it is 5200 lb's I will get a Uhaul and a dual axel trailer rated 6000 lb and haul it back my self. If the weight is 9200 then i have no choice has to be shipped. I did not have a chance to go preview the truck b4 hand, but $3300 for a $41,000 truck with 22,000 miles on it is a steal no matter how u look at it!

If someone could please reply on the curb weight (5200 or 9200 lb's) i would be able to make my final decisions on how to retrieve my wheels, and set my plans into motion.

Thanks again for all your help, suggestions, and 2 cents lol!
HB

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks