• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031, $7400.00!

1956_4x4

HillBilly said:
EO2NMCB thx 4 the info on the key! That will save me from making things worse.

GM72K10 I had cosiderd trailering it back, Steel Soldier's lists the truck curb weight as 5200 and GL lists it as 9200 do u know which is correct? If it is 5200 lb's I will get a Uhaul and a dual axel trailer rated 6000 lb and haul it back my self. If the weight is 9200 then i have no choice has to be shipped. I did not have a chance to go preview the truck b4 hand, but $3300 for a $41,000 truck with 22,000 miles on it is a steal no matter how u look at it!

If someone could please reply on the curb weight (5200 or 9200 lb's) i would be able to make my final decisions on how to retrieve my wheels, and set my plans into motion.

Thanks again for all your help, suggestions, and 2 cents lol!
HB
Curb weight is 5250. Gross weight max is 9200. Just pulled it off my data plate.

Smitty

ida34

EO2NMCB said:
Hillbilly you can get a key cut at a locksmith, it is a "B" for the key blank and the code is 73Y2. I tried the local chevrolet dealer but with out the title they were of little help, as I'm waiting for my euc to clear on a m1009.
I had trouble too but they thought I wanted them to provide the code. It took a while to get them to understand that I was bringing them the code. After they understood they said ok but did not have the b Blank. I went to another dealership and they did it for me without question. They have a corporate policy, that they seem to think is some kind of law, that they will only do keys by the code if you can prove you own the vehicle but this policy only applies if they are looking up your key code. If you bring them the code then the policy does not apply but sometimes it is hard to find someone that understands this.

ehuppert

Keep in mind that it's a tight fit on a normal car trailer as the front track width is wider than the rear. Had bought a K10 for parts and both front tires hit the trailer fenders! Meaning, best to measure the trailer width first!

When i bought my CUCV had a local towing company retrieve it. Unless you have a 1 ton or larger vehicle 6k behind you is interesting!

Eric

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From past experience a U haul trailer will not hold any type of CUCV truck comfortably. I always rent an equipment trailer from a rental place, that has a gvw of 9940. Tilt bed if you can find it works great. A while back I bought a cheapo electric boat winch that runs off a 12v battery and winch a non running truck on that way. I also bring a chain hoist and a come a long. A trailer with no sides also helps, see picc. ( I know its not a CUCV but if a dually fits a CUCV will)

Attachments

Bozor1000

There is a place out here in Riverside called Howards Rentals that rents trailers big enough. A uhaul trailer will hold a CUCV, just don't tell them that you are towing a 1 ton truck. Tell them that your are towing a civic or a tercel.

HillBilly

Bozor1000 said:
There is a place out here in Riverside called Howards Rentals that rents trailers big enough. A uhaul trailer will hold a CUCV, just don't tell them that you are towing a 1 ton truck. Tell them that your are towing a civic or a tercel.
La. as in louisiana dude but thanks anyway! Its a 1200 mile 1 way for me not real sure if i trust uhaul stuff to handle the trek. I read on another post that they have tow bars for the 6x6's, looking into that now.

Thank again to all! HB

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks