• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Aluminum utility bed available ?

acmunro

Well my M1031 in my avatar was rear ended the other day while it was sitting in front of my building. The car slammed into the M1031's drivers side rear corner bent the bumper and damaged the rear box. It must have hit pretty hard it pushed the truck 14' on pavement. The car was obviously totaled.

Anybody have any beds around or even a bed with damage somewhere else that this corner could be cut off and put on my bed ? This was a nice clean truck. Thanks for any input.

Attachments

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd just put a want add in the classifieds section here. It seems like a lot of M1031 or a M1010 owners ditch the box at some point.

I know there is a M1010 box listed in the classifieds for sale right now. Around $800.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First make their insurance company try and find you one. Let them set the price based on availablility (you can find one for a realistic price but let them try). If they try to low ball you then you can show them any you find, add shipping, installation, and paint. Make sure they know you're keeping the old one as part of the aggravation their client caused you.

dependable

You might want to look into what you could do w porta power or other controlled hydraulic stretching along with some light hammer work, or find someone old school in the auto body crafts. In my opinion that would be a better and more strait forward repair than cutting and welding. Especially w aluminum w steel supports. Too bad you got hit. Good luck.

acmunro

PA insurance

First make their insurance company try and find you one. Let them set the price based on availablility (you can find one for a realistic price but let them try). If they try to low ball you then you can show them any you find, add shipping, installation, and paint. Make sure they know you're keeping the old one as part of the aggravation their client caused you.
I live in the Commonwealth of PA. I don't understand insurance laws but we are a no fault state. I deal with my insurance company. I guess my insurance company can go through subrogation (not sure on spelling there) with their insurance company to recover damages but that is a long process according to my agent.
I have only been in one accident nearly 20 years ago and the other party admitted fault and just paid me directly.

acmunro

Thanks Shrapnel. Most of the M1028's including that box were from the old dodge M880 series trucks. My truck has the PTO powered generator not the gasoline generator. The beds are somewhat different.

lavarok

Even being a no-fault state, you should be able to file a claim with the responsible parties insurance company.

I was recently involved in an accident and had the option to file a claim with my company or the other drivers company. Naturally, I choose to file with theirs to avoid any delay in payments and any deductibles.

Good luck. It always sucks getting hit.

Darwin T

sorry t hear about the truck, hope everyone is alright.
the M1031 chevy bed goes straight forward from the rear tires to the cab and the dodge bed drops down about a foot between the rear wheels and the cab. i have a dadge bed and i have a PTO Genset to try to install. project for next spring.

Attachments

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of all those bodies I sold you you don't have an extra one laying around? Glad you weren't in the truck when it was hit!

acmunro

M1031

Of all those bodies I sold you you don't have an extra one laying around? Glad you weren't in the truck when it was hit!
Glad truck was unoccupied too.
Of the 3 I bought only two of them would work. I would like to keep the generator function without too much trouble. I used one of the other two right away on a New Dodge and the third was pretty beat up and a guy was trying to buy it ever since I picked it up from you so you guessed it I sold it about a month ago. I sold it for what I had in it. That will teach me for selling something.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to view by location and choose ***** there are 4 of em up for auction ends in 6 days
You need to edit your post

Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to auction photos. GL/GSA links quit working after a short period of time so save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about you vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.
• No collusion as specified above.

papercu

Sorry about your truck. I don't want to know your business but if you don't mind let us how the insurance turns out.
I'm thinking when the VIN is run it will show as a cab/chassis and without a rider, the insurance will not want to pay for the box. Might be easier just to take the other driver to small claim court. Wayne

Darwin T

thats why i include a picture with the paperwork for the insurance. then after the recovery i drive it there and let the agent see it. when i add big ticket items i go by and add them to the policy also.

Cliffinator

I've got one that i took off my 1031 thats pretty much mint, But im up in NH. If your interested shoot me a pm.

Taz

Acmunro,
I have this box laying out back. I wouldn't miss a corner off of it for my $time$. Shipping might be the most $$. You might be able to trim above the damage, 90 degrees to the edges and rivet a corner on with a backing plate behind them both? We used to repaid those Postal Service LLV's like that at times. Let me know if you are interested!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks