• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1031 body

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your Able body and the Southwest bodies are all SECMs . Stands for "Shop Equipment Contact Maintenance. "

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Irony aluminum is 10 cents a pound, the bed is about 500lbs, so basically not worth your gas to drive to the scrapyard. If they are not all smashed up, why don't you sell the beds to some people here that would be glad to have them?

tvguy

Irony aluminum is 10 cents a pound, the bed is about 500lbs, so basically not worth your gas to drive to the scrapyard. If they are not all smashed up, why don't you sell the beds to some people here that would be glad to have them?
I realize I'm reviving an old thread here, but I think the above information is innacurate at least based on current pricing. I scrapped an SECM box from an M1031 and an M1010 box today. Both boxes were empty, meaning the generator, compressor, etc were all removed. One of the "beds" from the M1010 was also removed. Total weight was 1,940 pounds. I had read the SECM was 860 lbs and that sounds about right based on my total weight. I was paid .55 cents per pound for "irony aluminum" for a total of $1,067. Hope this info helps someone down the road!

Last edited:

jimmy-90

All I can tell you about how much a SECM body weighs is that when I went to take mine off I had it guessed at about 500 LBs. Once I started ACTUALLY taking it off I quickly realized that I really under estimated the weight of it. 860 LB's sounds alot more like it. Heck I'm surprised it doesn't weigh more. Also these things aren't all aluminum. There is some steel in them. Before people start making me offers for it I will let everyone know that me and my father are useing it for a fuel and propane shed since it is sitting out away from the house.

DrJekl

I am surprised that anyone wants these boxes? I had three of them and could not give them away. All in like new condition. Scrapped all three.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well any you fellas that have these beds and in good shape and are thinking scrap.......call ole popacom first I'll take all I can get .
Thanks !!! BILL[thumbzup]

chevkeith

I just scrapped mine and it was just over 800lbs. Got $.25/lb for the works "high break aluminum". Didn't know there was a market for these..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks