• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Cabinet locks

captianworkbench

Hey guys, I am looking into getting a bunch of locks for the cabinets on my M1031. I was just looking for suggestions on what you all use that works out well. Personally, I figure that the padlocks will only keep the honest people out. I mean, the cabinets themselves are made of aluminum and don't exactly have the strength of fort knox. If someone really wanted to get in it wouldn't be too hard. Thoughts???

-Albert

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just use a set of keyed alike master locks , the catch cables I got fro McMaster Carr ., kinda secure , i understand , could always run a steel bar front tp back on the outside with it hinged front and back like we used to on the utility bodies

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My contact maintenance truck has the older style (M887) box on it and I have a horizontal steel pipe on each side preventing the cabinets from being opened. Each is secured with a padlock.....to keep the honest folks out.
If someone wants in, you're not going to stop them.

I have new USGI Masterlock padlocks in the classifieds.

captianworkbench

319, do you happen to know if those locks are re-keyable? It looks like I would have to buy two sets to cover the 10 that are needed for all the cabinets. It would be great if I could make them all the same. The price is definitely right!

-Albert

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
319, do you happen to know if those locks are re-keyable? It looks like I would have to buy two sets to cover the 10 that are needed for all the cabinets. It would be great if I could make them all the same. The price is definitely right!

-Albert
The padlocks are not re-keyable, however I can provide two or more sets with the same key number.

captianworkbench

319, thanks for the info on the padlocks. Expect a PM from me in the near future.

ixpacman, thanks for the lock cylinder reference, and more importantly, the link to realtrucks. Looks to be a good source to bookmark.

-Albert

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got tired of having a drawer full of unknown lock keys, carrying huge key rings on my belt, and when in the barn wanting to open a lock and not having the right key. I replaced all the padlocks on gates, cabinets, tool boxes, chains, sheds, M1031 doors, trailers, etc. with Master Lock resettable combination locks with the same (i.e. - 1,7,9,4) combination. You can get them for around $12-14.

Master Lock combinaiton lock - hardened shackles
Master Lock combination lock - I use these outside for years

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks