• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Contact Truck info

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a late-model M1031 and has the PTO-driven generator inside?
NSN ending in 3 = Signal load; 4 = Engineer load; 5 = Ordnance load. The Engineer load had the horizontal cylinder mount which I believe is shield gas for the Miller Spoolgun SMAW gun. All have the PTO generator and electric air compressor.

Skinny

IMG_4574.jpgBought mine over a year ago with 6500 miles on the truck and around 6 hours on the Genny. Truck was complete with OBA, Gen, and welder. Only thing missing was the governor actuator rod which I fabbed up. The Gen set needed some maintenance to get working like bad connections and safety switch calibration. The truck needed ALL the usual maintenance including alternator rebuilds, new injection pump (old one leaked), and springs (sat crooked). I paid $6k for it in a private sale. Truck in turn key condition would probably fetch $7-8k due to mileage, it's complete/working, and the fact it has zero rust anywhere. I wouldn't take less than $10k for it if someone wanted it badly but it's just not worth that much to most people. Good luck with your search, I love my M1031. The only thing I dislike is the roof height now...can't get it into a normal garage. I shall build a glass case for it :)

Skinny

Yup

I'm running 4" front springs, whatever ORD sells, and ORD rear shackle flip with stock K30 rear USA made springs. You could do 37's with just trimming but it will be a lot of metal. Your biggest gain would be a zero rate to get the tire out of the rear of the fender.

Hightechken

I put the large diameter "HUMVEE" wheels and tires on the back of my M1031, (Fit perfect, no clearance problems on the BACK) Also tried to fit them on the front, The wheels do hit the steering linkage. Offset wheels would be needed. So I only have the oversize on the back, To change the gear ratio for better highway speeds. Does work, Less engine revs at highway speeds with stock gearing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks