• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Contact Truck info

ABN173

Ok I don't wanna break any rules or remotely be involved in collusion but I would like some information from any of you M1031 Contact Truck owners out there. I guess I should mention my reason for asking is that I am thinking of buying one.

So here goes in order to make an educated decision here are some questions:

1. What did you pay for yours?

2. GL, GSA, e-bay, Craigslist or other private sale?

3. With tools included or stripped down?

4. Runner or non-runner?

oh and feel free to post pictures as well, I'm kinda surprised that there is not so much information on these vehicles, You know what guy does not like military trucks and tools right?:-D

Thanks,
Dale

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buy one, they're cool!

Mine is actually an M1028A1 converted from an M1031, with the M887 box.

1. $1700 and change
2. GL (July 08)
3. Stripped, but with a nice plywood interior (walls & floor) in the box
4. Runner, no through body rust, surface rust on hood only
5. Served in Iraq

Photos are from auction

Last edited:

84cucv1ton

here are some pics of the 2 in my family. both gl truck.. dont know what they go for now. i dont buy anything from gl anymore. first one was 2200 with 17k jump in and drive.. second was 1800 i believe. 22k truck needs work.. one with 17k is in great shape. one with 22k is ok. bit of work it would be nice too. both the trucks were stripped.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paid about $2K from GL about 4 years ago. 9000 original miles, super clean no rust, nothing but the genny and control box in the back, cab interior cannibalized. Still looking for that stupid vise and some of the governor controls that go on the 6.2.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
paid 1770 before all the fees and taxes back in '07. 6700 mile truck, nothing in back except onan generator in pieces. Body from the M880 trucks, fair condition. No gas tank, bent d/s, cracked trans extension, poor tires, cracked w/s, no batteries, no passenger door glass, no dash pad, no glow plug harness but perfect cab and truck was from Kuwait. Also one that for some reason did not require an EUC. Once I put it back together started right up first try. runs great. Now has 11,000 miles on it. Converted back to M1028a1 and is my daily driver.

Attachments

84cucv1ton

here is my dads other box.. truck itself is in great shape.. 27k runs good. other then the fork lift hit. good truck. looking for a bed for it now. was 1400 this was the last one my father got from gl. drive shaft was bent. of course

Attachments

muddog

My truck cost me $3500.00, was a M1028 with the box added on. Needed rear window and batteries. Another truck looked the same but had rear window went for only $1500.00. A freind of mine ended up with it and it only needed batteries.
Harold

truck0590

I bought mine several years ago, 2005 I think. I paid a little more, $6k. But it was complete genny, power panel, air compressor, vise. All I had to do was put in new batteries. I drove mine from OK to VA after I bought it. I've had a few issues since but I love it. I use it as a tow rig for my Jeep Scrambler and it is a great trail recovery vehicle.

Truck

Hightechken

Got my M1009 for just under 3K, First M1031 close to 4 K including shipping, Second M1031 for just under 3 K including shipping. All from private parties, All running and driving.
First M1031 with the PTO generator (With only 36 hours on it) And original air compressor,
Second M1031 missing the generator and air compressor. (I Bought a small diesel 6.5 KW generator/welder to put in the truck.)
The M 1031 drives and handles MUCH better than I thought it would. Just about like driving a regular Chevy pick up! I really like mine!!!!! Great to go work on something and have an entire workshop with you!

Dumpster Diver

Bought mine from GL last fall for $1,800. Welder/gas generator, air compressor and bench vice. Just put a pick up bed on it (more usefull for me) so now I trying to get rid of the service body.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks