• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 dead: where do I start?

DrJekl

86 M1031 in good shape. Good batteries, no wires look burned, everything is hoked up, good starter relay inside, no fuses popped. Turn on the key, no power (no buxxer, no wait light, no water in fuel, turn the key and no starter). Where do I start looking for trouble?

Thanks!

hovenga67

I would check on the firewall where all the power connects. Do you have a test light to see of you have any power in the fuse box? If you don't you need to start tracing it back. Could be bad fusible link or broken wire. I can't remeber if the fuse box draws off the starter or firewall.
Brent

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To test if the fuseable link is burnt. Run a 10gauge wire. And NO LESS than a 10 gauge! From the 12v positive side of the first battery, (The one closest to the head light) to the power out post on the first alternator. Everything should come on. If not then you have a bad ground. Make sure the ground strap from the firewall to the engine is secure. And the ground from the headlight harness to the body is secure. It's by the passenger side headlight. Good luck.

stump

check the fusible links. give them a slight tug and if they fall apart replace them. also use a test light on the battery conections not the centers make sure the clamps are clean. battery voltage goes from the batteries to the starter then from the starter to the fusible links to everything else. start at batteries and go from their.

beanman1

To test if the fuseable link is burnt. Run a 10gauge wire. And NO LESS than a 10 gauge! From the 12v positive side of the first battery, (The one closest to the head light) to the power out post on the first alternator. Everything should come on. If not then you have a bad ground. Make sure the ground strap from the firewall to the engine is secure. And the ground from the headlight harness to the body is secure. It's by the passenger side headlight. Good luck.
the 12v power come off the negative terminal of the second battery to a junction block with 2 posts on it in the very center of the firewall and then i would run the 10 gauge wire to that before i would the alternator

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beanman. That it where the fuseable link is. The part he needs to test. If that link is burnt. Then running the wire there won't tell him much. The alt power out wire will put power to the harness. I wouldn't run it this way. Just use it for a test. If this is his problem. Then he would need to fix the bad link.

Crash_AF

Check for 12V at the two terminal diamond shaped block just above the master cylinder. If you don't have 12V there, trace the wire that runs across the firewall to the negative battery terminal on the rear battery. Either that fusible link is blown or the wire is broken.

Later,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks