• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Drivers Window Needed MD

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
My new M1031 is missing the drivers window and it has a tarp over it now does anyone know of a good source for one even if it is an aftermarket glass guy I want my son to take it in and get it fixed so the winter snow and squirrels do not get in and ruin my truck with only 14K miles on it.

Thanks and God bless

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can't find a SS member here with a spare off a CUCV wreck, I'm sure most auto glass shops can order a brand new one for you, Colonel.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Oh man just missed a local deal oh well we have an old civey K5 that I already robbed the drivers window for our M1009 since right after we got it the window shattered when the door was shut while the window was half way down.

I will have my son check the local glass shop any brand stores that are better price?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Been there lots of times because it reminds me of my favorite lots down in Texas where you could find anything because they had cars and trucks all the way back to the 50's sitting there waiting for me to pick a part. I will have to have Christian go down pay the dollar and find me a door.

If that does not work what do you think it will cost for a glass shop to put one in?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Putting them in is not too bad I am wondering if my sons would be able to do this or if I should have a shop do it and be done with it. If I was home it would already be fixed just the difference from growing up on a farm and a city.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
My son's and I work 1/2 mile from Craz Rays. Powerhousedeuce just loves tearing things apart. You say the word, and let me know the year, we will stop in and get you a window, or maybe the whole door. Your call Dave. Dudley

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Dudley:
319 said he would send me one and I am waiting for him to let me know. I will call Christian and perhaps he could drive it up to meet you all somewhere if he is doubtful about putting it in maybe you all could give him a hand. I am sure hoping we all get a chance to do a MD rally when I get home maybe a big cookout at a park full of MV's

Thanks and God bless,
David

HeadWizard

Re: RE: M1031 Drivers Window Needed MD

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Thanks Dudley:
319 said he would send me one and I am waiting for him to let me know. I will call Christian and perhaps he could drive it up to meet you all somewhere if he is doubtful about putting it in maybe you all could give him a hand. I am sure hoping we all get a chance to do a MD rally when I get home maybe a big cookout at a park full of MV's

Thanks and God bless,
David
I'm in for a MD Rally!

I need a rear window for an M1009 if there's one over there in MD....

Don

powerhouseduece

RE: Re: RE: M1031 Drivers Window Needed MD

Same Here!!! I might just have to go to the junkyard when I get off work in another 6 hours. Anybody else need anything?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

I sure hope that Christian can get with you Matthew some day or night and put that window in the truck. I know if you see a drivers window and it is cheap let me know and I will pay you for it. It is an 86 Chevy one ton standard size cab drivers window. I will still get money to 319 to get that one and that way if you find one we will have a spare Are you going to Crazy Rays or one down south of the harbor?

powerhouseduece

Yea its a good chance that Ill be there when I get off, I have to go home and get my tools. The crazy rays at the bottom of 695 is the one I always go to. Its great, its between my house and work! If they have your window and headwizards then I will grab them both. Ill let you guy know tonight if I could get them. Ill be back at work at 7pm

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Thanks Matthew:
I usually go to the one on Erdman Blvd it is close to our church and they have a completly full yard so they crush a lot of stuff of age. I have gotten some good parts there but I have some old stuff and miss Texas.

God bless,
David

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks