• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 glowplug relay problem?

hounddog

I'm in the process of purchasing a M1031. The current owner pointed out one problem that concerns me. The glowplug relay appears to only work intermittently. He has already replaced the relay, I don't know what make relay he used. If he bypasses the relay, the glowplugs work everytime. He was talking about bypassing the relay and putting a push button on the dash. I would like to keep it original. Any ideas what could be wrong and your opinion on a dash mounted push button?

Wyofj40

Glow plug timer. Mine was the same way, I had to turn the ignition on and off until i could hear the solenoid click in. If you install a push button it will bypass the timer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks