• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Guage question

colelkhunter

Been driving my 1031 a good bit and everything functions fine. Question is, above my heater controls there is an amperage guage with a momentary pushbutton next to it. Guage reads zero all the time. I thought maybe it had something to do with the generator in the back so I engaged the PTo and fired the generator up and still nothing. push the putton and nothing. Pulled the dash and looked at it closely, seems to be wired to something? but have no idea what. Keep in mind everything on my truck works as it should, even the governor for the gen. It just drives me nuts running down the road with this guage on 0. Anyone have a 1031 with something similar that can tell me what it is for? It is clearly an aftermarket guage and button.

lavarok

No idea what the push button is for, glow plugs maybe? The meter sounds like the standard CUCV voltage gauge for the charging system. Use the TM to troubleshoot.

As for the push button, trace the wires to figure out what it is for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks