• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 is it a good 18ft camper tow rig?

Keith_J

What are the specifics on the hitch? 1031s came with a fixed hook, limiting the off-road ability. Guess that was a consideration of weight.

Anyhow, I was looking at a Reese hook and ball, looks like it would bolt up to the existing bumper mount bolt pattern. With it, I could pull ball mount trailers and still have pintle hook capacity. Nothing over 3000 pounds.

How about the wiring adapter? All I will need is a 4 wire.

jets1959

I put a receiver hitch on mine. It is the same one for a 1984 one ton chevy four wheel drive. They had to cut out the bottom of the U channel for the shackle brackets to get it to fit. The wiring harness is just a standard trailer harness with the power connection to a block on the fire wall instead of the battery. Hope this answers your question, if not feel free to ask more.