• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Maintenance Contact Truck just acquired

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like in the subject line MEP803a
I know that's the model of a generator set but it pulls in a lot of information based on that generator set and I think you're looking for a generator related issues.
There's a member guy Fang that knows a lot about generators on this forum

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By looking at what you originally post, there is a control unit in the engine that controls the throttle (engine speed) up and down it has to be precisely at the right RPM to get the right Htz to have the generator make power from my understanding

tripplew

If you get the model number off the generator (post in subject line)
usually it will go to the generator forum and a lot more people will chime in there's some very experienced people that know all generators. then when you describe it's in the maintenance truck you might get help faster that's what I was trying to describe

ok sorry to beet a dead horse here, but what I was after is there a TO for the contact maintenance bed and acc its self, and I'm sure the OP could also benefit from the info.
I have seen and went through the TO's for these truck and have yet to find the TO for this bed. I guess what your saying is there isn't one! and I would have to look in the gen set TO's ?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
^^what he said..

I'm a big fan of the 255 85 16 tire. I run that size with a BFG KM2 on my 86 M1008 and Toyo MT on my 79 K20. Both are mounted on the factory wheels and there's no fender rubbing. With the weight of the M1031, I would recommend the Toyo MT because of the stiffer sidewalls and a true 33.5in tall when mounted.
Just something with photos

tripplew

ok sorry to beet a dead horse here, but what I was after is there a TO for the contact maintenance bed and acc its self, and I'm sure the OP could also benefit from the info.
I have seen and went through the TO's for these truck and have yet to find the TO for this bed. I guess what your saying is there isn't one! and I would have to look in the gen set TO's ?
my thought is the gen is fine and something is wrong with the truck

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Everyone. I just picked a maintenance truck up. The generator and compressor was there. I need ideas! Do I keep the maintenance shelter or ? My goal is to run Humvee tires. I need suggestions. Thx in advance...
My apologies for stepping on your post,
have a good weekend and safe day.

Keith_J

I hate to hijack this thread but where can one find info on the gen set and the controls (run criteria) as I own one of these trucks and mine only works if I use something to hold the throttle pedal in just the right spot, just tried a spot light in one of the 110v receptacles and also the compressor runs when i flip the breaker, it just wont control the throttle on its own, looks to be all there throttle actuator and all wiring looks ok, is there any diagnostics for the computer that controls this?

is there a TO for just this acc bed?
There are a few threads on how the governor functions..the TM (these are US Army only, so it is a TM) has not been released due to the classified nature of the EOD application.

Start with the switches on the PTO, TC and shift mechanism. Check fuse resistance as mine was horrible. 12 volt power to the unit is a must, the actuator draws a lot of current. Make sure you have the relay, these are often pulled.
Another issue mine had was incorrect wiring so double check power to the injection pump.

truck1

I went with a 4" lift from ORD on my 1028. Rear shackle flip , and got old Chevy 16.5 rims from a yard. Put used 16.5 military Humvee tires on them. looks great , but lots of work. And hard to find 16.5s now days. I'd keep the 16" rims and go with the Cooper SSTs . Nice truck you bought. Looks clean and unmolested. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks