• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Modification

Dumpster Diver

Took the utility body off and found a decent original bed. Added a steel utility cap and now have benefit of the enclosed body but the option to remove it and have a regular pick up bed.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the steel utility toppers myself. I like yours especially well. I'm picking one up at the GA Rally so when I get it home, it will go on My M1008. What happened to the SECM body?

Dumpster Diver

i ended up selling the body to someone who had a 1031 that was wrecked. He was rebuilding it and was happy to find one in good shape. I had a 1008 but it was getting kinda rusty. This 1031 turned up local on GL and turned out to be a good deal. New drive shaft and glow plug modification and I'm back on the road.

Dumpster Diver

No PTO. Truck had the gas Wisconsin genset/welder. That and the air compressor are in the barn.

1,200 miles on the truck. It rocks!

Dumpster Diver

I was going to try to advertise the utiltiy body on steel soldiers but it seemed I need 1,000 posts in order to be allowed to post classifieds.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to try to advertise the utiltiy body on steel soldiers but it seemed I need 1,000 posts in order to be allowed to post classifieds.
We are trying to get that changed now. We still have problems with folks not policing their ads so we are working to up it to 10,000.

Just Kidding!

chevyCUCV

They are aluminum and iron, and since i dont have one in my yard i would say that they arent common.
There are several posts here about members scrapping the bodies, what a shame

I would love to get one for my truck, or trade truck for m1031 lol