• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 - ORD 1" body lift

bshupe

EDIT - Also applies to M1008 unless the rear body mounts dont fit the situation detailed below.

So Im in the midst of trying to install the 1" lift (and new body mounts) on the cab portion of my truck and it would appear that on the 1031 they put the rearward body mounts on the PTO bearing cross member and not the frame or frame perches like on civi or other CUCVs?

If I am reading this right then there will have to be other mods to the body mount to be located in this position.

Does anyone have experience with this? Im stumped on how to access the body mount bolts if they are bolted to the cross member and the cab when there is no (apparent) access to the inside of the cross member to take the bolts loose.

Im sure Im just missing some detail but I thought I would ask here before just jumping in and taking/cutting thins apart.

Thanks!

86m1028

EDIT -

Does anyone have experience with this? Im stumped on how to access the body mount bolts if they are bolted to the cross member and the cab when there is no (apparent) access to the inside of the cross member to take the bolts loose.

Im sure Im just missing some detail but I thought I would ask here before just jumping in and taking/cutting thins apart.

Thanks!
The rear cab crossmember is the same on all trucks.
You are gonna have to unbolt the pto brackets from the stock crossmember to access the rear cab mounts.
Look closely there are about 8 bolts that hold the two together.

bshupe

In the white page that came with the kit from ORD it depicts the rear most body mounts as perches on the outside of the frame rails and even specifies that you will have to lower the fuel tank for access. Mine is nothing like that.

Im concerned now that maybe they sent me the wrong kit. There is no way the body mounts they sent are going to fit in that space without some heavy modification. Im sure I recall the mfg date range on their kits was about fool proof. This could also explain why all the bolts for the bed were too short. Hmmmmm.........

86m1028

Sounds like you got the wrong kit :(

All of this style trucks rear cab mounts are
in between the frame rails.

Try looking at same body style truck
Without the pto setup.
It will give you a clear view of the body mounts.

998Junkie

Yeah, I think so. I sent an email to Chris at ORD. Hopefully they will make it right for me.

Thanks for your input 86m1028
I had an issue with the bolts on the bed being to short with my 1028, I believe the bolts on the 1028 from some reason go through both the top and bottom frame in a few places and there are spacers for in between the frame. Perhaps this is because it was designed to carry a heavy shelter carrier and the 1031 a heavy tool compartment.

I just got the impression that the military changed that from the stock design as an upgrade.