• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 PTO gen high revving

Dunkeye11

So I tried out my pto generator for the first time today. System engages ok, belt spins I engage the governor and go back to check the hertz. It’s operating in the 59-62 range for a few seconds and then high sides so I shut it down..... thoughts? As far as I can tell the backend wireing is ok. On the front end there is a concern as some threads on here says the system should be connected to the pink wire at the injection pump and not the green one.

I did not ground the system and I was operating in drive not 1st gear

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This system was discussed a lot many years ago with lots of good information. Use search term "SECM".

Keith_J

Search the archives. Sounds like the ramp signal is excessive. You need a good multimeter to diagnose since the frequency meter may or may not be good. Get one that measures frequency. Could also be the PTO Hall effect sensor, this requires an oscilloscope to diagnose.

The frequency meter can read multiples of 60 Hz, could be showing correct frequency at an actual of 30 Hz. Such is the limit of blade type meters which is why a digital is better. Normal engine speed in drive gear is 1400 RPM, give or take torque converter slippage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks