• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Rear Differential Play

markinnh

Hello,

I parked and got out of my M1031 (supposedly very low miles) and a friend standing by said "whoa its rolling". I grabbed the brush guard and can roll back and forth the whole truck 5 inches. Thats weird enough, but the drive shaft does not move until just the end of the 5 inches and then you can hear the tranny park pin. Does this seem like too much? It sure has got me worried.

MARCO1031

Related to the locker. Has anyone ever heard a fairly loud pop from the diff while making a slow turn? Every now and then mine will do this and I am thinking it is something in the locker that is binding up.

lavarok

Related to the locker. Has anyone ever heard a fairly loud pop from the diff while making a slow turn? Every now and then mine will do this and I am thinking it is something in the locker that is binding up.
Low air pressure in one tire may make a similar noise during turns. Might be worth checking to rule out an easy fix. I had a bad rim on my '08 and it was leaking air real slow. When under pressure by 10lbs it would skip during turns which sounded like a pop.

dependable

I have an 1008 that I converted to a dually dump truck 11 years ago. The rear end locker still makes a loud clank when I turn with load and one wheel is on pavement and one is on dirt, or similar work conditions.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is the Detroit Locker It does it in my 1986 M1028A2 & my 1991 V3500 Chevy.
Also have other spair axle's & they do it to. Normal.

transman

I'ts just the nature of the beast. Also don't be surprised if sometime you're rolling to a slow stop on a slippery surface it feels like you got rearended. It's the locker doing its job. If you want smooth (less capable) go civy!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks