• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Recovery

sebaeb

Picked up my M1031 today from WPAFB....no problems, the GL rep was helpful and friendly.This truck is rust free , the contact box is in decent shape with compressor and gen....no welder...everything else looks to be complete....it was drained of all fluids, no batteries , bent drive shaft...I dont believe it will take much to get it running. I cant believe how clean the underside and engine bay is! I have other projects that im currently working on so this will have have to wait.
Pics are posted...waiting on approval

Attachments

Last edited:

Skinny

Tease!!!

When I was shopping for a MV, I was always amazed at how much better the M1031 and M1010 trucks always seemed to be compared to the M1008's. The pickups must have been worked like rented mules compared to the others.

sebaeb

I like your black color verses the camo, but overall i'm very happy with the truck so far. I tried uploading pictures but cant seem to figure it out.

Skinny

It was like that when I bought it. I would have preferred the CARC paint scheme but I know that it's camo underneath and the black paint is preserving it.:cool:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up my M1031 today from WPAFB....no problems, the GL rep was helpful and friendly.This truck is rust free , the contact box is in decent shape with compressor and gen....no welder...everything else looks to be complete....it was drained of all fluids, no batteries , bent drive shaft...I dont believe it will take much to get it running. I cant believe how clean the underside and engine bay is! I have other projects that im currently working on so this will have have to wait.
Pics are posted...waiting on approval
Congrats on a fruitful recovery. The M1031 can be a very useful truck. Who approves the pics?

sebaeb

I finally figured out how to upload pictures...i will try to add afew more this weekend of the contact box and interior...i'm thinking of possibly selling the box and generator/compressor...

sebaeb

Oh ...while i was down at WPAFB...some of the larger military trucks i seen down there were in awesome condition...excuse my ignorance as im not familiar with what models these trucks are but the 6x6's i seen looked hardly used...i kinda fell in love with one...darn it i think the MV bug bit me!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, looks pretty good in the pics. I'd like to have one but the M1010 is calling a little louder right now.

Skinny

Sweet ride!

What is the box down by the saddle tank area on the passenger side?

If you have to replace the rear driveshaft and will be getting one made, good opportunity to spend a few bucks and do a fixed yoke conversion on the tcase.

Have fun getting it put back together. It isn't too much money but a lot of work (dare I say fun too) getting it running good. I think I spent less than $500 between all maintenance items including the batteries I got getting all the wear items replaced.

chevyCUCV

I finally figured out how to upload pictures...i will try to add afew more this weekend of the contact box and interior...i'm thinking of possibly selling the box and generator/compressor...
:cookoo:
Dont do it! I just know in a few years, i will have to build a m1031 because everyone who had one took the box off!
They have to be the most useful truck in the series. Pure money maker, a traveling generator and compressor, with a 101 behind it. The things i could recover from the woods...

Your truck though, so do as you please

M1031CMT

:cookoo:
Dont do it! I just know in a few years, i will have to build a m1031 because everyone who had one took the box off!
They have to be the most useful truck in the series. Pure money maker, a traveling generator and compressor, with a 101 behind it. The things i could recover from the woods...

Your truck though, so do as you please
:ditto:

Fully agree. I am actually looking for a second M1031 as they really are great trucks. At worst I will buy an M1031 box and pop it onto the back of an M1008.

sebaeb

@ skinny...that box was used to hold 2 tanks upright (torches i presume)...above it is a strap to hold them together