• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Trucks On The Job! post your pics!!

treessw

Working on putting more tools on it, only got mine a few weeks ago but put it into service right away!!!! Need to get the Wisconsin engine up and running (only has 82 hrs on it and missing fuel cell for it) tires and a lift, but so far so good, I will post more later. Used it the other day when I was putting together the log truck. Before I had The Box, I was using just the M1008 with minimal stuff on it for tools, but did well!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

camp9

We used ours out in the vineyard to power the de-steamer. I have a three phase press that we use for the grapes and apples, didn't try it this year but next year want to see if it'll run it.

Attachments

Last edited:

treessw

Camp9- thats a good looking rig you have!! Did you lift and put the 36's on? Looking to do the same with mine, I never seem to keep anything on the road now days, cant stand the other drivers I guess:mrgreen:

K9Vic

I wish I had a M1031 that I could use as a service vehicle, but have not been able to find one for cheap yet. It would make a great truck for working on other CUCV and towing them if needed. Best work truck for getting just about anywhere even with current vehicles it is still a good service truck.

Interestingly I have had people ask me if my M1009 is a service vehicle before when remotely working on CUCV vehicles (Ones I have bought, friends & a few SS members). I had recently bought a 86 M1009 and the city workers thought my M1009 was a service vehicle. I also have a portable 6500 watt gas generator that I can run a air compressor or wire feed welder if I ever needed to put those in the back. So for now my M1009 will do the job, but I would still love to get a M1031.

camp9

Ya know, I knew I could use it when I bought it for around the farm. This was the first summer of having it and I was suprised just how much it came in handy for different things. Only thing I need to do it put a 100lb propane tank in the back for the air, so I have enough reserve when using air tools out in the field.

K9Vic

I wish I had a M1031 that I could use as a service vehicle, but have not been able to find one for cheap yet. It would make a great truck for working on other CUCV and towing them if needed. Best work truck for getting just about anywhere even with current vehicles it is still a good service truck.

Interestingly I have had people ask me if my M1009 is a service vehicle before when remotely working on CUCV vehicles (Ones I have bought, friends & a few SS members). I had recently bought a 86 M1009 and the city workers thought my M1009 was a service vehicle. I also have a portable 6500 watt gas generator that I can run a air compressor or wire feed welder if I ever needed to put those in the back. So for now my M1009 will do the job, but I would still love to get a M1031.

Well I bought this back in February and have used it for what I have said in an older reply. Working on other CUCV trucks and towing them, well the M1009 was just for fun to test my towbar setup. The generator does not put out power, but does spin fine. As for tools I have all the basics and can use my portable generator if need with my portable tools; air compressor, welder and plasma cutter. I may actually see about adapting my portable generator into the tuck and just not fixing the 10K as it seems to need too much to fix.

Anyways, here are pictures.
That M416 trailer is really small and you cannot see it behind you.
One on jack stands was getting my Treadwright tires installed, love those tires.
EDIT: added picture before following a Saladin Mk 2 tank going to a car show.

Attachments

Last edited:

Keith_J

I'll post pictures once mine gets operational. It has a bunch of deficiencies, the biggest is the governor droops excessively. The rest are just laundry list items:

Breather for compressor missing.
Vise missing 3 screws for jaw faces (all jaw faces found).
Flood lights missing power cords. 2-pole twist locks unsafe, no ground so swap out with 3 pole.
Need a 300R 3FL R40 bulb for a floodlight.
Compressed gas tank racks needed.
Swap out 3-phase receptacle to something available.

My first job is building a barbed wire fence on the family farm. Using a pneumatic T-post driver, powered by the compressor. End sets (triple post) will be drill stem in concrete, welded with SECM power.

Last edited: