• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 with dual rear wheels

niferous

I was driving my girlfriend to a physical for the Air National Guard on Sunday and had some time to drive around Ellington Field near Houston. I saw what looked like their yard of vehicles that was due to go to DRMO. They had a lot of 5-tons and one HEMMT. Didn't see any trailers or anything else that looked too exciting. However when I was driving out of this part of the yard I saw this jewel.

It was off by itself and looked to be in good condition. My girl isn't in the guard yet (we are both prior active duty service) but is trying to get back in as an officer. I didn't want to poke around too much as we were there with a visitor pass. Security Forces was everywhere and I thought they might take offense and I didn't want to get her any trouble. Anyway I snapped this one pic. I've never seen a M1031 with dual rear wheels. This one had them. Anyone ever seen this before? I will check back and see if it goes anywhere. They didn't have a building anywhere that looked like it was in charge of this yard and there was no gate. I may have her ask someone in her unit who is in charge of the yard. I wish the military would sell these locally first in auction before sending them to a regional DRMO yard (if they didn't sell locally). Lately I have been wanting to sell my Land Cruiser and get a M1031.

Attachments

Nonotagain

My research shows the truck to be a M1028a2 or M1028a3 not a M1031.

They are around but not in great numbers, yet.

Last edited:

firedog 27

My firedepartment aquired one last year, removed the box and replaced with a flat bed. Installed our tank and pump now we have one heck of a brush truck. We got real lucky as ours came with a new motor and new tires all around. Got ours through the conservtion department for use as wildland firefighting equipment.

niferous

By the way the former enlisted soldier in me wanted to snatch those slave cables but I refrained. When I was in the Army we called it RAMP (Random Acquisition of Military Parts). So when out sergeant would say we need some more hand mikes, antennas, IR lights, etc we would just RAMP them. :-D Of course we were still using the stuff for military purposes so we didn't feel bad. Now it would be stealing though so of course I refrained. But still the E-4 in me was bubbling to RAMP them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks