• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031

sebaeb

I have a 1986 M1031...need to know if these had delayed wipers or just standard on /off wipers...low/high speed.....my turn signal / wiper switch is broken off....thinking im just gonna replace the whole steering column.....plus its missing the internal turn signal switch and cancelling cam, springs..etc...

thanks in advance
steve

cpf240

I'm pretty sure these were all no-frills trucks, so just simple on / off low / high. Wiper delays can be added, and is often done when swapping in a tilt steering column.

sebaeb

I was thinking that it was just standard but wasnt for sure....my local salvage yard needs to know so i can track down a new column

thanks steve

cpf240

If you are interested in the upgrades, there are threads here on steering column swaps. If you are swapping the column anyway, might as well get a tilt column with the delay wipers. Just be sure to get the delay module that is attached at the lower end of the column. The connections should be all plug and play, though the ignition switch connectors have to be reoriented.

2002ford

I am glad your getting your truck going. It should be an easy swap to do. I have a parts truck but I think all of that stuff is fried. Let me know.

Doug.