• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1035 Help With Parts Identification

CapePrep

Regarding the price asked and condition I can only tell you what I paid for my two humvees purchased from GP. I bought a 2007 M1097R1 in November 2022 for $4600 plus taxes so $5600 and its a strong runner and from Red River Army Depot. The motor runs great (6.5 NA), trans looks like new inside as do diffs, all came with full, clean fluids too. Transportation was $1k (friend). The second, bought July 2023. is a 2003 M997A2 Ambulance, runner, clean, newish tires, 6.5 NA, 4spd trans, runs 65 down the highway with ease, for $4100, with taxes $5100, transport was $1750. If you're patient and watch for a close-by truck you can def find a good deal on a clean rig.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk
That is very encouraging and I will keep an eye on the auctions. I have switched horses and found a very clean, low mile, 2001 not far from me that I have committed to. If it wasn't for this site and input on my post from everyone, I would have made a bad investment and been upset with myself! The 01 is more money, but have a feeling it will be a much better choice.

Awol

Mogman, great advice and I really appreciate it. Here are the facts, would appreciate your opinion and I do value it since you are the Mod here and have much more experience than I. I live on Cape Cod, as does the truck. The truck has supposedly been owned by the seller since 95. Said he just had it as a toy with his Dad. Dad passed 2 years ago, current owner seems very sincere and is having health issues. They listed it for $15K, I offered 6 and they accepted. As I said, no $ has been exchanged yet. I am not new to mechanics and toys. Won't bore your with my history, but rebuilding a diesel engine or a 1959 Porsche don't scare me. The rust issue on the H is pretty severe and made me pause. It does run, and runs well. He put it in gear and moved it a few feet back and forth but not more due to the front suspension. All electrics work, good oil pressure, no blow by or excessive smoke from exhaust. It has sat outside for its whole life, but has had no use in the last couple of years due to family health issues. You, and the others, have made me reconsider and will go on Monday for a good crawl underneath to check the frame rails. I am not afraid to walk away if it is really bad. Rotted frame rails would be a deal breaker. As far as others in the auctions, I have been watching them and the unknowns, the shipping costs, etc are up around $20K. More than I want to spend, but I get what you are saying regarding whether this one is a complete pile. As far as the rust goes, I had a 99 Dodge pickup that must have been made out of the cheapest Chinese metal available. The thing would rust while you were looking at it. Loved the Cummins, but the rest was awful. So, thought maybe the HMMWV had used some very poor quality metal as well. So, here are a few more pictures, awaiting your analysis.

Small world, I was gonna go look at that truck right before I scooped one up on GP.

CapePrep

Small world, I was gonna go look at that truck right before I scooped one up on GP.
They really want to sell it and just need to accept that it needs a ton of work. I was considering offering them a lot less and have it as a spare parts rig or parting it out, but I don't need another project. It did start right up, most of the lights did work, the transmission did move it back and forth. Obviously wasn't able to drive it. I feel bad having to back out of it, but my money is better spent on a better one. If you need any more information on it, please reach out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks