• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M104 CDN-3 purchases

Superdave

I was lucky enough to win 4 M104 CDN-3 trailers at our recent goverment auction last week. I got one that is serial # 0002-2 and I do not believe that it was ever used in service as there is no damage or rust on the trailer. I purchased the other ones mainly for the combat two piece rims with brand new 11:00 20's Michelin XZL tires that I am hopeing to put on my first M35 that I just aquired today and hope to pick up at the end of next month.

Attachments

citizensoldier

251 motor parts and cool trucks too!!! Always wanted to go to Alberta ahe! They have some big dear up and over dhere..
Nice truck Dave.. I must say I like what the Canadians have done with all there trucks.. Much better upgrades in my humble opinion.. Must be because they have all winter to think about it..

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are these Canadian-built trailers, or American surplus that the Canadians renamed? The M104 is a hard-to-find bird in this country, glad to see you found a couple!

citizensoldier

I bet they are Canadian built from US M104 specs? I know the M101CDN trailers are built in Quebec. They are simular to the M116 but they re-inforced them, better springs, thicker tub, different hub, and so on. Just like they did to the M35's.. I sure would like to have one of these M104's pimped out on 1100/20's behind a M135 or M34...CDN combat rime and just a rockin! I cant find one close enough to the boarder.. I have seen some for sale on ebay over by the NY boarder..

Superdave

The M104-3 trailes were built around 1984 in canada based on the M104 trailer design with the use of the 11:00 20 tires on them. I believe that in the late 80's or early 90"s the canadian military replaced the entire fleet of the MLVWs (Canadian M35s) and the 1 1/2 ton trailers with the 2 piece combat rims and the michelin XZL tires as they had a few of the split rings blowing off of the rims out east because of the amont of road salt that they use in the eastern provinces rusted through the ring groove.The M101 name was a bit of a screw up in my opinion when the canadian military applied it to the 1/4 ton trailers in 1992 when they built them for the iltis calling them M101 CDN2 as most refure the M101 as a 3/4 ton trailer.