• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 a1 lowering questions

Noodleman33

Hi I'm making a post to get some advice on how to lower my m105 a1 I need it quite a bit lower so it dosent look stupid being pulled behind my nitro reason for I'm making it a camper conversion so not apposed to cutting some leaves linked a pic to show about how far it needs lowering

Attachments

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can always replace the stock axle with one for electric brakes and run whatever tires the tow vehicle has. With smaller tires can also move the axle to above the springs.
Or replace the axle and springs together for some lower ones and use smaller tires.

pmramsey

TWO SOLUTIONS
Both require Titian Surge Brakes installs.

I used 9 x20s on the tanker M105 and pulled it with my Dodge with a hitch height of 24". but cutting and welding the tongue. The same worked well with the CUCVs.

The M105 cargo exchanged 10 x 22 tires for 12.5 x 16s.

The best all around solution is to run the same tires on the truck and trailer.

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a thought as that trailer empty is close to 2800lbs empty is to consider a m101 series trailer. Much lighter and smaller. Depending on which model tires are A1 9:00x16, A2 2358516, or Some A2 and all A3 37x12.50x16.5.

The A2 model with the 2358516 is probably the closest to the height you are looking for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks