• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m105 bobbed deuce wheelbase

blackrock

Hey guys i searched but can't find the measurement im looking for. What is the wheel base for a deuce bobbed with a m105 trailer mounted to the frame slid up as far as it can? thanks kyle

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I lengthen the drive shaft 5.75" to allow the center of axle to be in middle of the fenderwell and have the M105 bed as far forward as possible without interference and not cut up the front of it. I have only used the original would spacer between the bed and trailer bed.

Attachments

blackrock

I lengthen the drive shaft 5.75" to allow the center of axle to be in middle of the fenderwell and have the M105 bed as far forward as possible without interference and not cut up the front of it. I have only used the original would spacer between the bed and trailer bed.

do you know your wheelbase off hand? thanks kyle

blackrock

man were getting alot of different measurements here. do you guys mind posting some pics up of your bed to cab clearance? this way we can get a post started with the measurements and pics? thanks kyle

oddshot

134 inches.

I trimmed the center stiffener on the front of the bed to bring the bed as close to the cab as possible. I have 1/2 inch between the rear (spring loaded) cab mount and the box.

You might want to go to this thread and look at the center picture on post # 23:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/66077-bobbing-1st-deuce-3.html

This picture shows how to get the bed close to the cab. I found it VERY helpful.

Yes, I used the wood spacer.

I used pieces I cut off the chassis to make brackets to mount the bed to the chassis. The bed bolts to these brackets with carriage bolts.

oddshot

Last edited:

DUECE-COUPE

the bob deuce is a copy of the XM381. the wheel base of the XM381 was 135. this requires the drive shaft to be lengthened 5 inches and puts the wheel centered under the fender.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the bob deuce is a copy of the XM381. the wheel base of the XM381 was 135. this requires the drive shaft to be lengthened 5 inches and puts the wheel centered under the fender.

The XM381 had a wheelbase of 136". It did not have a M105 bed. It had a measurement of 66" cab to rear axle with the modified cargo bed that it was equipped with.
http://www.xm381.com/xm381/History.html

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
man were getting alot of different measurements here. do you guys mind posting some pics up of your bed to cab clearance? this way we can get a post started with the measurements and pics? thanks kyle

Here's a couple pics of the cab reinforcement to bed rail measurement on mine. I lengthened driveshaft 5.75" and got the rear wheels centered in the wheel well. I wanted necessary room for side kit and cover management.

Attachments

Seth_O

Echo,
That looks really nice, well done mate. What size tires are you running in that 3rd pic? Do you have any tire rub on the bed under full stuff?

Cheers....

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Echo,
That looks really nice, well done mate. What size tires are you running in that 3rd pic? Do you have any tire rub on the bed under full stuff?

Cheers....
The tires in that pic are 395 Goodyears I got from Sam Winer Motors. There is plenty of clearance for all/everyday driving. After taking it on to some serious off road driving I noticed a minimal scuff mark in the wheel well, but no damage. The scuff showed me that there is more up/down suspension movement than I thought possible for the truck being as light in the rear as it is empty. I had mounted the used front shock absorbers that I got with the front springs and likely they are not up to snuff although I think the truck rides very well. I will put the Michelins back on for my next trip trail riding and see if that makes any difference.
There are no clearance problems on the front.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks