• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 brake mod

lakeydna

Modified a M105 trailer so the brakes now operate when pulled behind a pick-up.

Re-used the existing cable and replaced with a seven pin.
m105 001.jpg

Removed all the air lines and brackets for the air.

m105 002.jpg

Wired in the three additional circuits I needed. 12 V battery charge, the lowest one hooked into 'K' auxillary power feed used on semi tractor only, middle one is brake signal which utilized pin 'F' blackout brake light from the MV plug and circuit 23 on the trailer, Top one is ground. I cut the connector ends off of the rear lights ckt 23 for reuse here.
m105 003.jpg

Installed in place of the air tank is a electric over hydraulic brake unit, which is bolted to a plate that's welded to the u-bolts. Used a Master cylinder adapter to go from 3/16" line to 1/4" and ran it to the hose which used to come out of the master cylinder. (master cylinder is removed)
m105 004.jpg

Last thing was paint everything green to match, I'll try to grab a pic 'n post it.

Trailer now has functioning brakes when pulled behind a truck.

Last edited by a moderator: