• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 cover savers

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since cargo covers for the M105 series trailers are not plentiful, and will become scarcer in the future, I started looking about for something to protect the ones I have from the ravages of the sun and other inclement weather. And I found something!

Tarps & Covers | Tarps | Medium Duty Tarps - 4.5 oz. - GlobalIndustrial.com

For my MKT's and Generator trailers I got the 18 x 24 tarp WBB335714, since I needed it to go all the way down the sides. The size I got comes three to a case.
It is too long front to back by about three feet, but I'll get it cut and re-sewn at the correct length later. Will be adding more grommets too! They do make a camo pattern, but it's in a lighter weight material.

Here are the pictures.

Attachments

3dAngus

Even the nicest ones with tear at the threads if you try to drag it on the ground for washing or folding.

Gimpy told me the reason why is because the UV deteriotes the thread. Makes perfectly good sense.

They are probably going to be in short supply before most people think, unless they do something like you're doing, and even then.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
These 'protectors' are UV treated and at $36 plus shipping ($26 for the 16 x 20 size that should fit the regular cargo trailer), they are a lot more expendable. The larger ones like I got would cover up most of a deuce cargo cover.

I plan on only using them when my trailers are in storage, which is usually 11 months out of the year. So my GI covers will be exposed about one month a year, which should make them last my lifetime.

Varyag

If you get 2 M998 cargo variant covers, cut the open end out and use the two zipper ends as the front and back, they fit perfectly over a 105. They both end exactly one rung before covering the trailer completely so you have quite and overlap too.

What can I say... I am cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks