• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Cover trade

Srjeeper

I have a "right out of the box", M105 new style solid OD vinyl cover I'd like to trade for a (like new) Woodland Camo vinyl cover to match whats on my Duce.

This cover has never been on a trailer.

If interested please PM.

Srjeeper

BTTT........Still lookin...... I know some of these have just gone out of Chambersburg recently......anybody interested?8)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill, I think you are going to find a hard time finding a trading partner unless you toss in some cash. I saw those covers, too...and most were on camo trailers. You might consider going straight to GMA. I bought a cover from them and they are pretty reasonable. The only camo covers that are pricey are the ones that are tan on one side and camo on the other. Good luck!

Chain-Saw

Well, I need a solid OD M105 cover, so if you find someone who's only interested in selling, then I could buy that one and then trade you. Or, I could "trade" you the cash you need to buy the camo one if you find one.

Ridgerunner

LOL, I was so caught up in making sure I searched thoroughly and exhaustively that I failed to catch the date. My bad. I can't do nuthin' right!!:-?
I'd say you did good.

You got the search police off your back, and now everyone with an extra cover for sale knows you need a "solid OD M105 cover" :beer:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i too would like to trade a real nice solid green for a 3 color camo.. and i would throw some change in the deal too. :beer:

Well - I, for one, thank Chain-Saw for "reinvigorating" this thread! :beer:
I have several M105 new style solid OD vinyl covers I'd love to trade for woodland camo vinyl covers for my trailers.

I also (apparently) have a solid OD canvas cargo cover (no end curtains) for the deuce that I'd also love to trade for a woodland camo deuce cargo cover.

The "apparent" deuce cargo cover was folded up, lying under the folded trailer cover and sides, in the bed of one of the M105's I recently picked up from Fort Hood. Didn't know it was there until I got the trailers home, and starting taking the sides, bows and top out of the bed to put them on the trailer. Bonus! Score!:mrgreen:

I wasn't sure what the heck the extra cover/tarp was for when I got home and unfolded it - knew it wasn't a trailer cover, but it didn't look like the deuce covers I had seen before. I noticed a part no. on it (MS 51323-28 - and when I searched that number on here it turns out it actually is a deuce cargo cover - which I need, but really want a woodland camo one, not OD green. Oh well.

If anyone has any camo covers to trade - let me know!

Last edited:

Chain-Saw

Well - I, for one, thank Chain-Saw for "reinvigorating" this thread! :beer:
I have several M105 new style solid OD vinyl covers I'd love to trade for woodland camo vinyl covers for my trailers.

I also (apparently) have a solid OD canvas cargo cover (no end curtains) for the deuce that I'd also love to trade for a woodland camo deuce cargo cover.

The "apparent" deuce cargo cover was folded up, lying under the folded trailer cover and sides, in the bed of one of the M105's I recently picked up from Fort Hood. Didn't know it was there until I got the trailers home, and starting taking the sides, bows and top out of the bed to put them on the trailer. Bonus! Score!:mrgreen:

I wasn't sure what the heck the extra cover/tarp was for when I got home and unfolded it - knew it wasn't a trailer cover, but it didn't look like the deuce covers I had seen before. I noticed a part no. on it (MS 51823-28) - and when I searched that number on here it turns out it actually is a deuce cargo cover - which I need, but really want a woodland camo one, not OD green. Oh well.

If anyone has any camo covers to trade - let me know!
hehehee,,, my evil scheme is working!:twisted: As luck would have it, I am also in search of a Solid OD Deuce cargo cover. If you'd care to trade for cash, maybe I can point you to a reasonably priced camo cover? feel free to PM me if you like.

Chainsaw, I'm sure we could work something out. The deuce cargo cover is a bit unique I think in that on the sides it has about 18"-24" (haven't measured) of a different kind of material along the whole length of the bottom of each side (not sure of the purpose?). Any idea what this is for? Maybe to allow airflow for the troops? Guess I need to take some pics. My deuces came from GL with no cargo covers and I've only seen pics of the cargo covers folded up and those installed on the trucks from a distance. Never noticed this "different material" before, but haven't paid attention to one up close.

The deuce cargo cover is a bit dirty from sitting in the trailer bed, under everything, but looks to be structurally sound. The trailer covers on two of my trailers look to be "like new". Haven't unfolded the third one yet to see what it looks like.

Last edited:

Chain-Saw

Chainsaw, I'm sure we could work something out. The deuce cargo cover is a bit unique I think in that on the sides it has about 18"-24" (haven't measured) of a different kind of material along the whole length of the bottom of each side (not sure of the purpose?). Any idea what this is for? Maybe to allow airflow for the troops? Guess I need to take some pics. My deuces came from GL with no cargo covers and I've only seen pics of the cargo covers folded up and those installed on the trucks from a distance. Never noticed this "different material" before, but haven't paid attention to one up close.

The deuce cargo cover is a bit dirty from sitting in the trailer bed, under everything, but looks to be structurally sound. The trailer covers on two of my trailers look to be "like new". Haven't unfolded the third one yet to see what it looks like.
I've got the day off this Wednesday to go and recover my M923. If I get home before the sun goes down, I'll see if my camo deuce cover is warm enough to stretch out and see what shape it's in.

I've got the day off this Wednesday to go and recover my M923. If I get home before the sun goes down, I'll see if my camo deuce cover is warm enough to stretch out and see what shape it's in.
Okay, let me know what you find out.

I definitely have two very nice, solid OD trailer covers, a third one that is nice, but has silly GL painted numbers in one spot on the front (not sure if the &#@$*^% paint can be removed without damaging the vinyl/canvas), and a fourth one - that I didn't know I had - that has good vinyl/canvas, but some of the straps that the alligator snaps are attached to will need to be replaced as they are deteriorating.

And then there's the "unique" deuce cargo cover - definitely will need to get some pics so you can see what it looks like.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks