• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 data plate

butch atkins

hey yall,bought a M105 ? from an equipment rental place,no title,data plate appears to have been changed,all the places where the info is stamped in has been engraved with an electric engraver,hereis the info,1968 JOHNSON CORPORATION, VEH IDENT USA #06592168,SER #06 92168,DEL DATE JUL67,CONTRACT #DA-AE07-67-C5776,nowhere does it state that it is a M105,just this info,and yes iknow this thread is useless without pics,but does anyone know what is up with this trailer,or can help me ID it ,itis the same size as my other 1955 m105,will post pics when camera comes home from wherever my wife left it,it is painted in the 4 color camo and has 900-20 tires on it,and itsays to use TM 9-2330-213-14 manual,(standard trailer tech manual ),where do i go for answers on this ,thanks in advance

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
where do you go for answers?
Did you ask a question?

If it looks like your M105, then that's probably what it is.

butch atkins

hey doghead,met you and your wife at the 08 GA SS rally,nice people,going back this weekend with my friends new deuce and couple of jeeps and some 4 wheelers,will be hunting wild pigs at Durhamtown,and trail riding ,pics next week,and the question is ,from the data plate info can i tell if the trailer isa M105A1,M105A2,M105A2C,or none of the above ?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Butch, I wish I was going with you guys, that place is great. Can't wait to see pics. Never hunted pig(in the woods), Maybe next years rally!:wink:

About your trailer, a few pictures would help but, does it have 1 or 2 airlines(glad-hands)? Does it have shackles in the front(on the frame) or the "ears"(welded on)? I am not sure what other changes/variations there are.

jimm1009

data plate

You can get a new data plate and have it engraved or buy it from a certain data plate dealer here and he will stampt it for you AFTER you determine
which model it is.
You have a Field Raplaced data plate and they are crude at best.
Good Luck.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks