• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m105 info needed please.

Howdy all!

I've been pulling my m105 trailer behind my lifted 84 scottsdale for bout a year now. pulling is no problem and did not have any concern for stopping at that time. however pushing the limits like i seem to do when you get close to 4 ton of gravel on her she WILL not stop lol:) more or less just gradually roll to a slow crawl. thank god for low gears and a standard. i have since began installin an electric/hydraulic brake break acuator into her. purdy much done just got to finish wiring the plug up, looking forward to trying her out.

Does anybody know what one of these things will haul to the point of spring/ axle failure?:p 3-4 ton doesnt seem to hurt her any? tires squat some but fixin to put heavier ones on, reckon they are my biggest limiting factor. thank yall for your time! awsome website!

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess that I am mostly alone, but my opinion about pulling a 105 with any pickup, is negative. You can "get away" with a lot of stuff, but when push comes to shove, your nuts to pull one. They are way too heavy and big, and will push you into the middle of next week. If your in an accident with one, your going to loose, period! A prosecuting attorney will make you look like a stupid clown!

Lee in Alaska

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy all!

I've been pulling my m105 trailer behind my lifted 84 scottsdale for bout a year now. pulling is no problem and did not have any concern for stopping at that time. however pushing the limits like i seem to do when you get close to 4 ton of gravel on her she WILL not stop lol:) more or less just gradually roll to a slow crawl. thank god for low gears and a standard. i have since began installin an electric/hydraulic brake break acuator into her. purdy much done just got to finish wiring the plug up, looking forward to trying her out.

Does anybody know what one of these things will haul to the point of spring/ axle failure?:p 3-4 ton doesnt seem to hurt her any? tires squat some but fixin to put heavier ones on, reckon they are my biggest limiting factor. thank yall for your time! awsome website!
:doh:

What you are suggesting/requesting is information BEYOND the CERTIFIED LOAD LIMITS on the placard of the trailer, in fact with intent to load the trailer almost to the point of STRUCTURAL/PERFORMANCE FAILURE.

IMHO:
Your reqest is for information that would further enable your UNSAFE USE and OPERATION of your Military Surplus Trailer. In the interest of SAFETY and the POSITIVE IMAGE PROMOTION of this MV Hobby - I personally do not support any assistance here to your premeditated NEGLIGENT BEHAVIOR, and any LIABILITIES that may arise therefrom.

Additionally, you have stated that you are pulling this trailer with a vehicle whose suspension has already been compromised from it's original manufacturer's design and certification (lifted) and thereby DESTABLILIZED, compromising (raising) the Center of Gravity, and consequently Braking and Cornering performance.

You are creating for yourself a legal liability issue should any innocent person be injured or killed as a result of your NEGLIGENT INTENT and ACTIONS.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This is MY personal opinion, and harsh as it may seem, I believe it from the bottom of my heart. This opinion may or may not reflect the agenda of the owner or moderators of this website.

It is my 2cents, my :rant:, and I will now step down from my :soapbox:.

Thank you for taking the time to focus upon the SAFETY aspect of this post.

AceHigh

Just a question, and out of ignorance as I have never towed a 105. The smallest F150 can tow a load of 5400 pounds per Ford. The 105 weighs less than that. What is the concern? Is it size as in HUGE? Just curious.

dittle

The figures for the F150 you are referring to I think assume that you are going to have trailer brakes to help stop the load. Pulling it is not the issue, stopping it is.

well i apreciate the effort for safety, hence why i ask the information on spring and axle failure. the military severly uder rates most equipment. 5yrs of experience to date with the military has given me ample time around the under rated l weight ratings and lift limitations. ( any body who has used a 10A will know whati mean)

as for my tow rig. i have worked around lifted trucks and have a been building them for some time, backed with personal knowledge and the better part of a bacholers degree in automotive technology before it was cut short with my last deployment. my truck is not as high m35 a2? carries close to 3/4 the foot print. one ton frame 60 front full float rear, 6.2 banks turbo with a sm465. she was built to tow and go **** near anywhere. it was for not only my saftey but everyones else that i am putting a brake system on this trailer to begin with hence why i wrote on this thread.

haha hate to worry or agreavate people out there, just using what i got to git er done always have prolly always will:cool:...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks