• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Lunette Flip?

Pinz25086

I have searched but have not found an answer to my question. What was the purpose of the ability of flipping the lunette? What vehicle would tow a M105 except a deuce or bigger? Anything smaller would not have the air brake hook up so the trailer would not have brakes. Was this just the way that it was made and the part fits either way?

Wayne

Barrman

5 ton trucks, prime movers, CCKW's and all kinds of new and old vehicles were in service when the 105 came out in 1951 or so (I don't have "the book" here at work, so I can't tell you the exact year they came out). Things were not nearly as standardized as now.

Pinz25086

That makes sense. I have not been around a 5 ton so I did not know that they were at a different hight.

My M101 is a A2 and the lunette is completely different because of the surge brake. I am not sure of the A1.

Thanks for the input!
Wayne

Pinz25086

As a matter of fact, that is how mine was towed down from MI when I bought it. It did have a good amount of tilt but was told that it pulled great. The 101 is hooked to my Pinz and has worked well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks