• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 tailgate, "legs?"

citizensoldier

Hey eco! Mine had a TM manual in it. It was smashed down under one tool box but is wet and in sad shape. It is being pressed under some of Doyles reading material and sitting on a heat duct in the shop.. So when it dries maybe I can scan it to post on the site.. From what pages I could open it shows lift gate instalation and saw operation.
PM with a price and some pics of yours... I would love to see it.
So from what you posted my 5k gensets wont make that saw run? Hmmm.. That sucks! Dont think it would be worth buying a 30k genset but now that I think about it.. The trailer ho dont have one of those yet! LOL..

ida34

swbradley1 said:
Actually you use a large starting capacitor with a three phase motor and a pushbutton switch mounted in a box that will handle all of it.

You start it using the pushbutton and flip the switch and the motor begins spinning. Then you tap the motor (inputs) as outputs and it gives you three phase power. I wonder who though this one up.....

I built one for my Brother's machine shop so he could buy three phase equipment. Works great and it is a pretty common thing around farmers.

steve
The one my uncle has is a factory build rotary type. No button pushing except the on button for the three phase equipment.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too have used the static converter with success. I wired mine to a larger three phase "idler / master" motor and then pulled the "true" three phase to power the intended equipment motor.

See the MSword attachment for a well written article by Roger Garnett. I 've had this lying around for sometime and have been wanting to try it. He uses a small 110V "pony" motor (instead of the static converter) to start the three phase "master" motor.

Attachments

citizensoldier

Well , after some care and patience I was able to save the manual.. Here are some pictures and I now need to talk to Kenny about getting it loaded on the site..

I also still need one of the wheels with mounting assembly if anyone can help with that..

Attachments

54reo

Lane, you have some of the neatest stuff.

How do you get away with it. I've finally found just how far the War Dept will allow me to go.

citizensoldier

We have our days! I didnt get married until I was 31 so she new what she was getting into.. LOL.. I also understand you never realy have anything.. You just barrow it, play with it for a short time "Life" and then you move on to the next faze... So why not "go for broke" and let the chips fall where they may!!! Or "Nothing ventured nothing gained" or "Squeeky wheel gets the greese" or "Stupid is as stupid does." You pick.. But thanks 54 you have some cool stuff too..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks